“Winning in Sports Through Performance Analysis”
With a title like that it’s hard to look beyond this conference. They have also lined up some of the best speakers this side of the Atlantic. By all accounts this was a great conference last year and really looks like a rival to the Sloan Conference which I attended last year. The conference will deal with both on-field and off-field analytics. I recommend you check out the full schedule here but below is a list of some of the keynote talks.
- Impact of Sport Analytics on Performance, Sam Erith — Head of Sports Science at Man City FC
- Determinants of Performance: The Framework for Training Intervention, Steve Ingham — Dir, Science & Tech Dev. at EIS
- Developing a Technical Direction – from Concept to Reality, Stephen Aboud — Head of Technical Direction at IRFU
- The Impact of Player Management and Monitoring Strategies on Team Sport Performance, Dave Hamilton — Dir, Performance Science at USA Field Hockey
- The Pursuit of Innovation in the Premier League, Ryland Morgans — Head of Fitness at Liverpool FC
- Introducing SHARP: The Sports and Health Analytics Research Partnership, Wayne Diesel — Head of Medical at Tottenham FC
- Periodising the Integration of Technology to the Olympic Plan, Gary Anderson — Performance Director at British Bobsleigh
The Current Issues and Applications of Analytics in Sport,
Marco Cardinale — Head of Sports Physiology at Aspire Academy
This is just a selection of the talks that will be on over the 2 days. Not often you are going to get this calibre of people in the same room. If you need to convince the boss to pay for the event check out this handy document they have put together.
For anybody reading this you can get 20% off the purchase price of a ticket with the code; SPORTS20
The magnificent Emirates Stadium has become a landmark piece of modern architecture dominating the north London skyline. One of the most technologically advanced arenas in world football, Emirates Stadium provides a stage befitting for Arsenal’s ambition to remain one of the world’s greatest clubs.
To register and get full details of costs etc… here is a link to the site; http://theinnovationenterprise.com/summits/sports-analytics-innovation-summit-2014