Just wanted to bring to your attention some really interesting talks that have been uploaded to the Prozone Sports website recently. At last month’s Science + Football Conference Prozone hosted a series of presentations and discussions as part of the Prozone Performance.Lab. Showcasing cutting-edge analytical theory and research in football, the talks provided an insight into some of the exciting developments currently taking place within performance analysis.
Over the coming weeks they’ll be making selected Performance.Lab content available on our website. If they are of this quality it will make for some great viewing.
ANALYSING FOOTBALL AS A DYNAMIC SYSTEM
The first presentation we’re releasing is the talk given by Paul Power, a Data Scientist at Prozone, about ways in which football can be analysed as a dynamic system.
Explaining how data can help us better understand the ways in which players influence one another on the field, Paul provided an excellent summary of his research and showed us how his findings might be used to deliver genuine on-field advantage.
CONTEXT IS KING – OBJECTIVITY IN THE SCOUTING PROCESS
Omar Chaudhuri’s talk about the use of data-led objectivity in the player recruitment process.
Highlighting ways in which data can be applied to player recruitment in order to enhance the due diligence process, Omar provided an insight into how clubs can use objective information to supplement the intuition of scouts and arrive at a more complete understanding of performance.
Science and Football 2014 – Video On Demand
Some more good news is that there are a number of presentations now available to watch. The cost is £35 – which seem like great value for this list of talks;
- Jon Goodman (Think Fitness)
- Nathan Gardiner (Tottenham Hotspur FC 1st Team Fitness Coach)
- Tom Bates (Performance Coach, WBA FC)
- Alex Inglethorpe (Liverpool FC U21 Coach)
Q+A / Panel Sessions
- Damien Comolli (Q+A with David Jones)
- Panel Session (Steve Black, Steve Kemp, Alex Inglethorpe, Terry Burton hosted by David Jones)
- Steve Black (Mentor / Performance Coach)
- Mike Naylor (Consultant Performance Nutritionist)
- Emma Stevenson (Consultant Performance Nutritionist)
- Karl Halabi (S+C Coach Chelsea + Reading FC)
- Chris Anderson (Author of The Numbers Game)
- Steve Kemp (England Senior Men’s Physiotherapist)
- Paul Power (Prozone Sports Data Scientist)
- Omar Chaudhuri (Prozone Sports Data Scientist)
- Chris Barnes (Consultant Sports Scientist)