The OptaPro Analytics Forum takes place on Feb 5th, this is an invite only event and offers a unique platform for the most talented amateur analysts, bloggers and academics working with football data to share their research with those working within the professional game. I was lucky enough to attend last year’s conference and you can check out my summary here.
2015 Confirmed Lineup
The 2015 Lineup of presenters was announced yesterday and if you follow any of these guys on twitter you will know the quality of their work.
- Finding square pegs for square holes: identifying player types for scouting, Will Gürpınar-Morgan
- Objective individual performance ratings? Mark Thurston
- Attacking free kicks – cross or shot? Dan Barnett
- Classification of offensive event sequences using probabilistic grammar, Martin Rumo
- Framework for a player career forecast model between multiple leagues, Howard Hamilton (presented by Simon Harriyott)
- Beyond Shots: A new approach to quantifying scoring opportunities, Dan Altman
- Quantitative analysis of leader-follower interactions in footballers’ collective movement, Rui Marcelino Maciel Oliveira
- The ageing game, Simon Gleave and Mark Taylor
- Chasing the game, parking the bus, Garry Gelade
- Breaking down the possession game of FC Bayern, Abel Lorincz
You can find out more about the event by checking out the OptaPro site. For all those lucky enough to be attending it’s sure to be a great day.