Academy Analyst Student Internship
ACADEMY ANALYSIS STUDENT PLACEMENT JOB SPECIFICATION
Contract: Student placement – up until 31st May 2022
Closing Date: Tuesday 6th April 2021
Eligibility: Applicants must require a placement as part of their university course (Msc or Placement/Sandwich year).
Location: Chadwell Heath/Little Heath Training Ground, Romford. Travel to other West Ham sites may be required.
WEST HAM UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
We have an exciting opportunity at our Category 1 Academy for an aspiring performance analyst for the 2021/2022 season. The successful candidate will be joining our Academy Performance Analysis department and assisting in a wide range of tasks as part of a rewarding student internship for West Ham United. We are offering this student internship for analysts looking to kick start their career in Sports Performance Analysis.
This is a full-time internship – applicant’s must be on a Msc or sandwich/placement year to be considered. All other applicants will not be considered.
WHAT EXPERIENCES YOU WILL GET:
· Filming and capturing games, training and other educational content.
· Using SportsCode to code games post-match and live.
· Supporting Analysts in the U23, U18 & U16 Age groups and helping provide bespoke analysis support in an elite team environment.
· Opportunities to support the delivery and build up to leading analysis sessions in the Youth Development Phase and Foundation Phase with regular support and guidance.
· Analyse U9-U14 fixtures when possible to help provide YDP coaches and players with a foundation to build their own analysis.
· Continually produce individual player development reports and maintain databases for use in tracking and benchmarking players through the system.
· Create age appropriate analysis feedback content on a team, unit and most importantly individual basis to meet the needs of the WHU Coaching Curriculum and Academy Development Plan and football methodology.
• Be within a commutable distance of the training ground (Romford, London)
• Excellent computer skills (PC & Mac) comfortable using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Keynote.
• Working towards undergraduate degree or Msc. (Sports Science, Performance analysis or relevant degree).
• Able to work full time during the 21/22 season fitting around their studies (E.g. Remote learning/Sandwich/Placement)
• A good level of football knowledge.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• An excellent work ethic, and commitment to a season long student Internship.
• Great attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure in an elite environment.
• Flexible and able to work unsociable hours including weekends/bank holidays.
• Football Coaching qualifications (E.g. FA Leve 1 or 2)
• Previous Experience using SportsCode
• Demonstrate previous drive and determination to become a Performance Analyst
• Previous Experience using iMovie
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 6th April.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted.