Academy Match Analyst Internship (MSc)
Stoke City Football Club of the English Football League, in partnership with the University of Chester, has an opportunity for an Academy Match Analyst Internship (MSc) for the forthcoming season at our Training Ground Facility at Clayton Wood in Trent Vale. The position requires a commitment to work within Stoke City Football Club’s Category 1 Academy, whilst studying for a MSc in Sports Performance Analysis at the University of Chester (Parkgate Road Campus) https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/sports-performance-analysis
Within the internship you will be required to report to the Lead Academy Match Analyst, assisting a progressive and enthusiastic Academy Match Analyst Department in providing support to all academy teams, specifically the U16 and U15 teams, across all areas of analysis.
Main Roles and Responsibilities (Shared):
- Covering all the analysis needs of the U16 and U15 teams including:
- Filming (wide angle) games and training.
- Live and Post-Event Coding (using Hudl SportsCode).
- Creating pre-match and post-match clips.
- Uploading video to Hudl.
- Creating clips that relate to the Academy’s playing philosophy.
- Filming (wide angle) and coding school matches when required.
- Filming (wide angle) U23 and U18 matches.
- Maintaining all Academy match analysis databases.
- Undertake the MSc in Sports Performance Analysis Programme at University of Chester and complete a dissertation that relates to match analysis.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- IT literate, specifically with the use of Apple MacBook’s, iMovie, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience of using basic performance analysis equipment (Camera and Tripod).
- Knowledge of Hudl SportsCode.
- Hold a minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree, preferably in a sports related course.
- To meet the MSc Sports Science (Performance Analysis) entry requirements for the University of Chester. https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/sports-performance-analysis#section_entry
- Outstanding knowledge of football.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a professional football club.
- Knowledge of Wyscout.
- Hold a full and clean UK driving licence.
- Strong desire to pursue a career in the football industry.
- Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Ability to work as part of the Academy Match Analysis team, as well as other departments within the Academy.
- Positive and professional attitude, with an ability to meet the deadlines of the weekly match analysis requirements.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
CPD and Finance
- In house CPD will be given throughout the season across a range of match analysis related subjects, using a range of sports specific software.
- 50% bursary contribution towards the MSc Sports Performance Analysis tuition fees 2021/22.
- Travel expenses.
Duration of Placement
- 2021-22 Season (1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022)
The successful applicants will be available to work evenings and weekends to cover a busy Academy schedule with the working days being any 3 that are not MSc study days. MSc study will be Wednesday and Thursday.
The positions will be offered on a Full-Time basis including MSc study. All relevant training will be provided.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.
Note: You must apply for both the MSc and Internship at the same time.
- To apply for the Internship please telephone the Human Resources Department on 01782 684397 or email email@example.com for an application form quoting ‘AMAMCSI2104VA’ in the subject line.
- To apply, for the MSc in Sports Performance Analysis please complete the online application form – https://flow.chester.ac.uk/tkflow_U/Flow.aspx?f=appform1.kdt&template=template5&course=PGT&theme=redmond For support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01244 512474/01244 512456.
Closing date for applications is Friday 7th May 2021.
If you are successfully shortlisted for the next stage, formal interviews will be conducted on Monday 17th May, Tuesday 18th May and Wednesday 19th May.
For informal information about either the course or the placement itself, then please contact either David Pritchard, Lead Academy Analyst at Stoke City (email@example.com) or Prof Paul Worsfold, Senior Lecturer in Sports Biomechanics and Performance Analysis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Stoke City Football Club endorses the principle of Equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the Club will be treated fairly and with respect, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Club is committed to providing access and opportunities for all members of the community to take part in without threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse. Any person associated with the Club can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected and in particular, that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the Club.