Sportable is a full-stack technology company based in London, solving the hardest problems in professional contact and combat sports. Our proprietary hardware delivers ultra-low latency data to the multi-billion dollar professional sports industry; powering broadcast graphics, AR fan apps, scouting, performance analysis, automated social media postings, sports betting and much more. Sportable is busy growing to service customers in the UK, Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand and will be expanding into the US and Asia in 2023. Come join our team during a stage of rapid and exciting growth!
These diverse and rewarding roles offer a unique blend of sport performance, technology and operations in a fast paced and thrilling environment. Successful candidates will be responsible for match and training data deliveries within a given region and gain a front row seat to professional rugby.
– Become ‘super users’ of Sportable’s Match Tracker and technology solutions.
– Organize and execute weekend and midweek match days at various stadiums within your region using Match Tracker.
– Manage relationships with stakeholders from teams and broadcast crew.
– Coordinate and lead training sessions with teams using Skill Tracker when required.
– Coordinate a seamless data delivery for matches and training sessions to professional teams and sports broadcasters.
– Manage contractors for match days and training sessions.
– Be the first point of contact for on-site and remote technical support.
– Ongoing recruiting and training of new contractors when required.
– Maintain all match tracker hardware and oversee logistics within a region.
– Frequent traveling within your region, UK and EU when required.
– Ensure that the company’s health, safety & data protection policies are adhered and practiced at all times.
Essential qualifications / skills:
– Bachelor’s degree within sport science, sport technology, engineering or technical equivalent.
– Proven ability to work and solve problems in high pressure environments.
– In depth understanding of rugby union.
– Competent using excel for data analysis and interpreting data
– Access to / use of a vehicle and a full clean driving license.
– Commitment to working regular weekends.
Desirable Experience / skills:
– Experience in an elite sporting environment.
– Experience in a live sports broadcasting environment
– Hands-on experience with similar sports technology (GPS, video analysis, tactical applications, ect.)
– Experience managing a team / project
– Knowledge of IT infrastructure and networking
– To act and communicate with professionalism at all times
– Highly organized with strong attention to detail
– Dynamic and proactive
– Leadership skills to manage contractor teams
– Opportunity to work outside of the UK
– Work expenses scheme for travel
– Cycle to work scheme
– Generous annual leave – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
– Pension Salary Sacrifice
– Flexible working environment – remote working days
– Cake on your birthday
– Perkbox after completing your probation
– Team socials
– Free fruits and snacks in the office
– Tax-Free nursery benefit after completing your probation
Broadcast Operations Manager
Working Closely with:
– Matchday contractors
– Head of Rugby
– Product team
– Sport Science team
Sportable is a committed equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from disabled candidates, and those from minority ethnic backgrounds.
To apply, please use the following link and complete your submission via the vacancies section of our website. https://sportable.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=29
To apply for this job please visit sportable.bamboohr.com.