Website SBG Sports Software UK Ltd
Supplying professional data visualization tools for elite sports
Job Title: Graduate Quality Assurance/Support Engineer
Location: Spinningfields, Manchester
Contract: Full Time: 40 hours per week
SBG Sports Software develops professional data visualization tools for elite sports teams and officials. Our applications are used by a variety of customers in the Premier League, Formula 1 and Formula E.
SBG are looking for a highly motivated software test and support engineer to join our growing company. You will work in our Manchester office situated in the WeWork Spinningfields facility; one of the most upcoming and vibrant areas of Manchester with lots of nearby restaurants, events and leisure facilities. You should have a logical mind oriented towards finding problems. You must have excellent written and spoken English and the ability to communicate clearly. You do not need to have worked in sport, though an interest in it would be an advantage.
- Test functionality, performance and stability of all our software applications.
- Assist users with technical and operational issues via phone, email or onsite visits.
- Investigate, reproduce, log and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Provide bug reports and UX/UI feedback to the Project Manager and development team.
- Improve the quality and reliability of our products.
- Interviewing and working with sports club analysts to further understand their data requirements to provide feedback to the development team.
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and interest in football, rugby and/or other sports (previous experience preferred).
- Well organized with good time management.
- Ability to work on several projects at once.
- Ability to meet agreed deadlines and reliably produce specified deliverables.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) for interacting with customers, developers, and managers.
- Degree level qualification in performance analysis, sports science or data science.
- A logical and meticulous approach with good attention to detail.
- Some weekends and evening work will be required as this is when most sporting events take place.
- Willingness to travel to sporting events for customer support and training.
- Previous experience working with football event, tracking, GPS or coding data and applications such as Opta, STATS, Hudl, STATSports, Catapult.
- Experience in a related video analysis, performance analysis or data analytics role.
- Knowledge of video cameras, digital media files, software such as Final Cut, Keynote, Hudl Sportscode, Coach Paint.
- Knowledge of networking and system administration tools on macOS and MS Windows.
- Ability to understand and use software development environments.
This job description does not purport to cover all aspects of the job holder’s duties but is intended to be indicative of the main areas of responsibility.
To apply please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org