Men’s Pathway Performance Analyst
Working predominantly with the England Men’s U18’s team the post holder will be responsible for delivering a broad scope of Performance Analysis services to support player development and enhance the coaching process within the England Rugby Men’s Pathway.
Working under the direction of the Lead Pathway Analyst the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to combine in-camp / competition support with coach-led projects and wider professional rugby department support.
The post-holder will have a good understanding of player development within a pathway system and experience of working with professional coaches and sports science support staff to answer player development questions. As such, applicants should have a strong interest and some form of previous experience/understanding in the following areas:
· Delivering projects to support player development and learning
· Learning environments, theories and styles
· Presentation / Data Visualisation tools to enhance feedback
· Data and Video capture processes
· Feedback methodologies
· Capture and analysis of data pertinent to player development
· Report design and dissemination methods
· Online database platforms and data interrogation tools
The post holder will have experience (2 years minimum) in a professional / elite sporting environment and a strong understanding of the game.
Core responsibilities associated with this exciting role include:
· The delivery of integrated Performance Analysis support to the Men’s U18’s Programme.
· Individual Development Plan (IDP) process support and monitoring for identified U18s players
· The development of strong relationships with Academy Analysts at clubs
· Delivery of Performance Analysis support for the England u17 Programme as required (circa 10 days per year)
· Collaborative work as part of the wider Pathway team to drive analysis processes and player development impact
· Support in other pathway camps (particularly Mens u20s) as schedule and requirements dictate
· Delivery of coach-led projects as directed
· Ad-Hoc support to other England teams/analysts at key times throughout the season
· Assistance with the management and aggregation of key pathway data sources including information on player game time, competition exposure and player tracking
Qualifications and Experience:
· A sound academic record, including a degree in Performance Analysis or related subject is required.
At least 2 years practical and relevant experience within a Performance Analysis / Player Development environment.
Skills and Personal Attributes:
· Energetic and Enthusiastic. Enjoys the challenge the role brings and is committed to achieving personal and team objectives.
· Strong, effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Must demonstrate a thorough approach to work, and able to organise him/herself effectively. Will be able to demonstrate a determination to follow through tasks or projects to completion.
· Good understanding of the game of rugby with a demonstrable portfolio of work/experiences to demonstrate this .
· Experience in the use of Performance analysis software(s) and related video production and analysis tools.
· Must demonstrate a “hands on” and “can do” proactive attitude and be able to provide solutions to problems or issues.
· Show attention to detail and possess good administrative skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of personnel from all parts of the Rugby Intelligence Department and wider RFU.
· Understanding of the coaching process and how analysis can influence this.
· Relationship Builder, who enjoys interacting with different groups of people and working as part of a team.
· Comfortable, confident and effective in an elite / professional sporting environment. You have high standards and take pride in your work.
· Full Driving License
· Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work flexibly including evenings and weekends.