Nottingham Forest Football Club
Nottingham Forest Academy are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the first team performance analysis department for the 2021/22 season. The position is ideally suited to students studying on a sports science/coaching undergraduate degree with an ambition to work in the performance analysis industry in the future.
The internship will last for the duration of the 2021/22 season and consist of working on a full-time basis within our first team which will include working some weekends. Full training will be given in all analysis software used by Nottingham Forest Football Club as well as receiving £150 per month for expenses and gaining invaluable contacts within the industry. Past candidates from this internship have gone on to successfully secure full-time roles within football at this club or other professional clubs.
Reporting to the First Team Head of Performance Analysis, you will be based at the Nigel Doughty Training Ground.
Responsibilities, Skills & Experience
The role will primarily consist of:
· Filming all home matches and training sessions throughout the week.
· Produce/update opposition set piece reports and databases.
· Manage/update Championship goals database using Sportscode.
· Create opposition individual players videos/cards.
· Assist with any other duties required of the performance analysis/coaching department.
Person Specification & desirable requirements:
· Motivated and enthusiastic with a desire to work in the performance analysis industry.
· Studying on a sports science/coaching undergraduate degree.
· FA Level 2 coaching badge.
· Proficient IT skills.
· Reliable with excellent commitment and the ability to be able to work weekends.
· Ideally will hold a UK drivers’ licence or the ability to easily travel to the Nottingham Forest Training Ground.
If you are interested in applying for one of the positions, please send your CV to email@example.com. Please state your name and the role in the email subject bar on application.
· Closing Date: 11th April 2021
· Interview date: Tuesday 26th & Wednesday 27th April 2021
All shortlisted candidates will need to verify their eligibility to work and/or study in the UK at interview.
Equal Opportunities Commitment
Nottingham Forest Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital / civil partnership status, pregnancy / maternity leave, race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, qualifications, and skills alone.
The welfare of young people and adults at risk is paramount within our Club and the safeguarding of all children, adults, staff, and visitors is everyone’s responsibility. All staff have a responsibility to act on a suspicion or disclosure that may suggest a young person or adult is at risk of harm. All staff are expected to familiarise themselves with the Club’s HR and Safeguarding policies and procedures including the Safeguarding team and how to report a concern.