MSc Placement Loughborough University – Nottingham Forest Academy
Nottingham Forest Academy and Loughborough University have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic aspiring performance analyst to join the performance analysis department for the 2021/22 season. The position is ideal for a student who is studying the MSc Applied Performance Analysis course, with an ambition to work in the performance analysis industry in the future. The placement will last for the duration of the 2021/22 season and consist of 20-30 hours a week within our academy, providing the opportunity to accumulate over 460 hours of applied practice.
The role is primarily working with the U18 age group; however, the successful candidate will be exposed to working with all of the academy age groups, ranging from U9-U23. Full training will be given in all analysis software used by Nottingham Forest Academy. Past candidates from this placement have gone on to successfully secure full-time roles within football at this club or other professional clubs.
What will I be doing?
· Assist in the filming and capturing matches both home and away throughout the week, working with all squads throughout the Academy.
· Filming training sessions throughout the week.
· Coding and editing footage using Sportscode Gamebreaker for both teams and individuals.
· Creating and presenting pre and post-match presentations to the various squads throughout the academy.
· Creating and presenting syllabus presentations and motivational videos to be delivered to the various squads throughout the academy.
· Help in the collection, storage and analysis of key performance data
· Assist with any other duties of the performance analysis department.
Why should I apply for this opportunity?
· You will have exposure to working alongside coaches, support staff and athletes as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an elite sporting environment.
· You will have an excellent platform to develop advanced knowledge and skills to analyse performance in elite sport.
· You will have the opportunity to learn from applied practitioners who have extensive experience in elite sport.
· You will have the opportunity to use state of the art performance analysis software used throughout elite sport.
· You will benefit from the unique internal and external sporting partners at Loughborough to provide authentic and challenging learning opportunities.
· You will have a dedicated and experienced placement tutor to support your personal development and future career planning.
· You will receive financial support from Nottingham Forest to contribute towards your postgraduate tuition fee at Loughborough University. This will be £5500 paid pro rata to students over an 11-month period (£500 per month).
What are Nottingham Forest and Loughborough University looking for?
· 2 years relevant experience within the performance analysis industry.
· Strong technical and IT skills.
· Previous experience of using performance analysis software and video analysis tools to provide actionable insights.
· Understand the coaching process and how analysis can influence this.
· Energy and enthusiasm. Someone who enjoys interacting with different groups of people and enjoys the challenge the role brings, whilst being committed to achieving personal and team objectives.
· A pro-active individual – understands the needs of the team and is forthcoming with ideas and assistance.
· Highly organised, with the ability to work under pressure and deal with multiple tasks.
· Eager to develop and progress both personally and professionally.
· Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be available to work
both evenings and weekends.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com. The application process will close at 12:00pm on Friday 23rd July 2021. Interviews will be arranged for the week commencing the 26th July 2021. The successful applicant will start the role as soon as possible.
*The advertised placement is to be combined with studying at Loughborough University on the MSc Applied Sport Performance Analysis course. The successful candidate must be eligible to undertake the course with Loughborough University. More details regarding the course can be found here: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/masters-degrees/a-z/applied-sport-performance-analysis/.
For informal enquiries regarding the MSc Applied Sport Performance Analysis course please contact the Programme Leader via email: firstname.lastname@example.org