Website Northampton Town Football Club
Role: Academy Video Analyst (multiple roles available, voluntary)
Reports to: Head of Academy Analysis
Working hours: Dependent on applicant and academy schedule (minimum of 1 weekend day, and ideally at least 1 weekday)
Northampton Town Football Club is looking to recruit volunteer performance analysts to assist the performance analysis department with the filming of fixtures throughout the club, and to help deliver high-quality analysis to all age groups.
What will you be doing? (Different roles will have different aspects, below are some examples)
· Filming and distribution of match footage to coaches and players within the academy
· Working closely with club staff to facilitate and support the delivery of analysis within the academy
· Communicate with staff, players, parents and external parties when required
· Use analysis software to code, clip and produce reports for coaches and players as part of the coaching process and in line with the academy syllabus
· Assist with/lead analysis sessions with younger age groups in line with the academy syllabus
· Film coaching sessions to assist the Head of Coaching with coach analysis and development
· Assist with any additional duties if/when required
What are we looking for?
· Previous experience using cameras/filming equipment
· Demonstrate a good technical and tactical knowledge of football
· Show good levels of IT literacy
· Good inter-personal skills that aid effective delivery of analysis and build strong connections with players, staff and other clubs
· Willing to commit to unsociable hours (weekends & evenings)
· Strong work ethic and dedicated to the role
· Reliable and trustworthy
· Proactive and willing to contribute in ways that will help improve the department
· Good organisational skills to balance other commitments/studies with placement, coupled with a strong desire to continually learn and develop
· Have access to your own/reliable transport to Moulton College, Northampton, NN3 7SX
Why should you apply for this opportunity?
· You will have regular exposure to coaches, support staff, analysts and athletes as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an elite sporting environment.
· You will have full on the job training with industry standard software & hardware (e.g. HUDL SportsCode, In-Play Online, Hi-Pod), and learn from applied practitioners with experience in elite sport.
· You will have the opportunity to learn alongside the analysis team which will develop your broad skillset, knowledge and experience required to deliver in an elite sporting environment.
· There may be opportunities to work with U18s/First Team, dependent on the applicant and your performance in your role
There are multiple roles available, which are suitable for a student or individual wanting to start a career in performance analysis and gain vital experience. We must stress that this is a voluntary role and regret that we are not able to offer financial remunerations.
A successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check in accordance with the club’s Child Protection procedures. To apply for one of the roles, please send a 2-page CV and 1 page covering letter, detailing your suitability for the role and what you wish to gain from the placement to email@example.com with the subject ‘NTFC Performance Analyst Placement’. Applications must be received by 17:00 on Friday 29th October 2021. If successful with the first stage, informal interviews will take place during week commencing 1st November. Please note you will only be contacted if successful with the first application stage.
Northampton Town promote inclusion and confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applicants from all suitably qualified persons.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org