Performance Analysis Intern (Unpaid)
LA Analysis is a performance analysis consultancy based in Kent, United Kingdom. We offer detailed analysis and insights to our clients across a range of sports, from grass roots to elite, international level athletes and teams.
Our internship programme has been running since 2018. We have a high success rate of interns going on to gain paid employment within the performance analysis industry, this is something we are very proud of. These include roles as lead analysts in professional cricket, tennis, taekwondo and semi-professional football. As well as roles at national and international governing bodies. Our links with established organisations is something we take pride in. Although the role is unpaid, the successful candidate will gain experience in a multidisciplinary team working across different sports. There is a lot of variety in the role and a great opportunity to develop key skills that are important for aspiring analysts in the industry. Regular CPD events with leading professionals within the industry also offer their expertise to provide valuable insights to the team.
What are we looking for?
- Individuals with a keen interest in performance analysis, either studying/ studied at university or working within sport looking to enhance their development
- Self-motivated individuals with a passion for sport and/ or analysis
- Individuals looking to develop their skills for a career in elite sport
- Enthusiastic learners keen to develop their understanding of different sports and analysis processes
What skills will you learn?
- Use and application of performance analysis software (pre/ live/ post-match/ longitudinal)
- Applied knowledge of how the analysis process fits within the coaching cycle
- Statistical analysis
- Presentation skills
- Data visualisation
- Video editing
- Exposure to a range of performance analysis processes in different sports and different levels of competition
If you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV and a portfolio piece of work to email@example.com