Goalkeeping Performance Analyst
Huddersfield Town AFC – Goalkeeping Performance Analyst
£19,000 per annum (reduced pro rata to £7,600 per annum)
Part-time – two days/14 hours per week
(work patterns could include some unsociable hours and weekends)
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Performance Analysis department, to analyse Goalkeepers’ performance, identifying patterns and trends to inform the training and coaching process. The successful candidate will work with the Head of Performance Analysis and the Head of Goalkeeping, to support player development and performance in competitive play.
This is a varied role in which you will assist with capturing and coding training and matches, also creating and maintaining databases of clips and footage, to support player and Coach education and development.
Candidates must have previous, proven experience of Goalkeeping performance analysis in football, gained through paid employment and/or other work placements, combined with an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, for example, Sports Science, Performance Analysis, or Sports Coaching.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills, a well-organised approach to work, and excellent IT skills, including previous experience with analysis software ‘Hudl SportsCode’.
This role requires flexibility and a willingness to work non-standard hours in accordance with the needs of the Club. Passionate about making a difference through sport, the successful candidate must be able to form positive relationships with other team members and be committed to achieving individual and team-related objectives.
If you have the specified qualifications and personal attributes and are enthusiastic about the variety and opportunities that this role offers, we would love to hear from you.
We receive a high volume of applications for our vacancies and as such we encourage you to ensure that your application details how you feel you match our requirements. Further information regarding the role and the personal and professional attributes we require are detailed in the job description and person specification for the role, available on request.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday 30th June 2021.
The volume of applications received prevents us from being able to provide feedback at short-listing stage.
Huddersfield Town is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Equality & Inclusion
Huddersfield Town AFC and the Huddersfield Town Foundation are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where everyone can be themselves and in which everyone feels valued and included, and supported to achieve their full potential. We offer a range of family-friendly and inclusive employment arrangements and we have a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination.
We are committed to the redress of any inequalities by taking positive action where appropriate.
We are a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applications from candidates with a disability. We are also seeking to diversify our workforce, in particular by gender and ethnicity.
Further information about Huddersfield Town AFC, and what it is like to work with us can be accessed from the Careers section of our website:
Goalkeeping Performance Analyst (part-time)
Analysis, the Canalside Training Complex
Head of Performance Analysis
Head of Goalkeeping
Purpose of the Role
Assist the Head of Performance Analysis and the Head of Goalkeeping in the analysis of Goalkeepers’ performance, to inform the training and coaching process and to improve on performance in competitive play.
Internal: Head of Football Operations
Chairman and Directors
First Team Recruitment Staff
Performance Analysis Staff
Staff and Managers throughout the Club and Foundation
External: Performance Analysts from other Clubs
Other teams’ players and staff
Key Performance Indicators
· Patterns and trends in Goalkeepers’ performance are identified and used to positively impact on their development plans and player recruitment strategies;
· Performance analysis data is shared with the Head of Goalkeeping and others as required, to inform and support a holistic approach to player development and high performance at First Team level.
Role Specific Responsibilities
The post holder will be required to:
· Capture and code training and matches in line with the Club’s Goalkeeping philosophy;
· Create and maintain the Goalkeeping databases;
· Provide content using video and data for off-field coaching (e.g. performance reviews and IDP meetings);
· Assist in creating pre-training videos;
· Research and create a database of ‘best practice’ Goalkeeping videos to support player and Coach education; and,
· Support the gaterhing of research and content for Goalkeeper recruitment, in line with the Club’s Goalkeeping philosophy and under the guidance of the Head of Goalkeeping.
The post holder may also be required to support the wider Analysis department with a range of tasks, including:
· To create and maintain tactical and technical databases using Hudl SportsCode;
· To create and maintain a database of goals and chances using Hudl SportsCode;
· To use Hudl SportsCode to create post-match clips for the Coaches to use for the team, unit and individual player reviews;
· To assist in the preparation of opposition analysis (video and iBook reports);
· To analyse opposition individuals;
· To assist in the filming and analysis of training sessions;
· To code individual player clips & maintain individual player databases;
· To ensure all databases compiled from resulting performances are updated in a presentable manner and within an appropriate timeframe; and,
· To assist with the end of season SWOT analysis with other Performance Analysis staff, and identify how to progress for the following season.
· To undertake CPD on a regular basis and review the activity undertaken, to implement it into daily working practices.
· To stay relevant with current and emerging performance analysis trends and implement into personal practice;
· To set high standards for self and others and be dissatisfied with average performance; and,
· To maintain the highest standards of quality assurance and evidence-based practice, while remaining innovative and creative.
· To be willing to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and the post holder will also be required to undertake any other duties as required by the Head of Performance Analysis, the Head of Goalkeeping and/or any other Senior Manager/Director.