Forest Green Rovers
Forest Green Rovers FC are offering a funded bursary opportunity in partnership with University of Gloucestershire, for applicants interested in working as an Academy Sports Performance Analyst whilst studying for an MSc in Sports Performance Analysis at the University of Gloucestershire.
The bursary will cover £3400 of the £6500 tuition fee costs for full-time study of the MSc Sports Performance Analysis (Home/EU students; 1 year max), and in exchange you will work part-time within Forest Green Rovers FC Academy. While undertaking this work, successful applicants will be mentored by an experienced Performance experienced Performance Analyst (First team analyst). The bursary will enable the successful recipient to gain experience working within a professional sport environment alongside MSc study.
Studentship Placement Overview
Time: It is anticipated that the placement will require the successful candidate to be available for the equivalent of 2 training days per week and match day. It should be noted that the nature of the placement is likely to require attendance during evenings, at weekends and bank holidays.
Location: The candidate will be based predominantly at the University of Gloucestershire and Forest Green Rovers. It may also include travel to other sites within England
Duration: The studentship will start September 2019 and last for a maximum of one year.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
§ Filming and coding (pre, live and post as seen fit) of training/matches across Academy Teams home and away – include U16’s, U18’s and U23.
§ Maintenance of video and statistical databases of teams, players and league trends.
§ Support with delivery of team/individual meetings post pre and post match
§ Provide best practice clips from relevant age groups to maintain library based around the club playing style and identity.
§ Assist with the implementation of player development plans and support coach observation sessions.
Person Specification for the Studentship Placement
A 2:1 BSc in a Sports Science, Sport Studies, Coaching or Performance Analysis related course is needed to enrol onto the MSc Sports Performance Analysis course
· An understanding of the role of a Performance Analyst and Sport Science support either through academic qualifications or experience.
· Experience of working in a sporting environment to provide Performance Analysis support and delivery.
· Good knowledge of Football through analyst, coaching or playing experience.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and Apple based products
Good Understanding and knowledge of industry software & hardware.
Show enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop.
Strong work ethic and understanding of the demands of the role.
How to apply for the Studentship Placement opportunity
If your application is successful, you will be required to:
· Enrol onto the MSc Sports Performance Analysis at University of Gloucestershire.
· The successful applicant will be expected to be independently accepted on the MSc Sports Performance Analysis) course for the 2019/2020 Academic year, following the standard process for enrolment on this course.
· The responsibility is on the applicant to ensure that they apply within the pre-determined timelines and achieve the entry level requirements for enrolment.
· Specific course details and how to enrol on the course can be found here: http://www.glos.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/san/pages/sports-performance-analysis-msc.aspx
· This opportunity is open to candidates already enrolled on the MSc in Sports Performance Analysis, or to candidates in the process of enrolling or those yet to formally apply.
· A DBS check will be conducted by Forest Green Rovers on the acceptance of the role.
To apply formally with CV and covering letter to email James.Parsons@fgr.co.uk by the 7th July 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com