The role is to be combined with studying at the Uni of Worcester
Crystal Palace FC are offering a season-long work placement in partnership with the University of Worcester for the 2021/22 season.
The position requires a minimum 25 hours per week commitment working within the club’s Category 1 Academy beginning in July 2021. The successful candidate will receive a bursary to cover full tuition fees for the course.
This role is to be combined with studying at University of Worcester on the MSc Sport (Applied Performance Analysis) programme. The course is specifically designed to enable you to develop the knowledge and skills required to work as a performance analyst in elite sport and combined with this placement opportunity, offers a high-quality learning experience to prepare you for employment as a performance analyst. The course is delivered via blended learning and as such there is no requirement for you to be based in Worcester for your studies. Due to the distance learning nature of the course, only UK, Irish and EU citizens with settled status may apply for this funded placement opportunity. More details can be found here regarding the course: https://sway.office.com/LJUYMwIuwY60aPUo
You will be responsible for…
- Working closely with the Academy Performance Analysts and coaches in order to provide support to the Academy age group teams and coaches.
- Assisting in the filming and analysis of age group matches.
- Assisting in the delivery of individual, unit and team based analysis sessions as requested by the Coaches.
- Contributing to projects and reports specific to the Performance Analysis department.
- Maintaining statistical databases relevant to the Academy age groups.
- Using video analysis and other appropriate technology as key performance analysis tools.
- Undertaking equity, diversity & safeguarding awareness training.
Attending training & undertake CPD.
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
You will have…
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree in a Sports Science related course.
- Previous experience of working in a professional football club.
- Available to work unsociable hours including weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Proficient IT Skills (Mac & Windows)
- Good understanding of sports performance analysis software.
- Evidence of knowledge of football.
- Excellent attitude to work and learning.
The application process contains two independent requirements:
1. Enrol independently on the MSc Sport (Applied Performance Analysis) course at the University of Worcester.
- The successful applicant will be expected to be independently accepted on the MSc Sport (Applied Performance Analysis) course for the 2020/2021 Academic year, following the standard process for enrolment on this course.
- Information regarding the course and how to enrol can be found here
2. Apply for the “Crystal Palace Academy Performance Analyst MSc Work Placement Student”.
- To apply, please send your CV (maximum of 2 pages) and a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the post to John Francis (email@example.com) by 1 pm on Friday 16th April 2021 using the job title as the subject of your email. Covering letter and CV should be saved as a pdf document.
- Successful candidates shall then be invited to stage 2 of the process.
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org