CoventryRugby Coventry RFC
Greene King IPA Championship
Coventry Rugby Football Club are looking to appoint a voluntary performance analyst intern to assist and support the Head of Performance Analysis with the 1st XV, Development and Academy team analysis duties for the 2019/20 Championship season.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual who is looking to begin or further their career within performance analysis. The available roles will require weekend availability along with Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Analysis.
· Filming all home games and training along with filming Development, Academy and local school matches.
· Code and Analyse 1st XV and opposition matches with Nacsport.
· Assist the Head Analyst to provide coaching staff with post match team and individual video and statistical analysis.
· Prepare individual clips of player’s involvement during games to aid development.
· Update and maintain the club’s online analysis resource.
· Prepare pre and post match highlights, footage as governed by the Head of Analysis.
These responsibilities are not exhaustive and may be added to as the role develops.
· It is essential that all candidates have started or completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant disciplines.
· Demonstrate a good technical and tactical knowledge of the game
· Must be competent and show good levels of I.T literacy, the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing systems (Google Drive, Dropbox & Wetransfer) and iMovie.
· Reliable and trustworthy with sensitive club information and equipment.
· Comfortable working with and converting various file types and sizes
· Proactive and driven to succeed
· Attention to detail
· Dedicated to the role
· An interest in coaching, preferably having started coaching badges (Level 1 desirable) but not essential.
· Experience with using filming equipment would also be beneficial.
· Previous experience of analysis software
· Own laptop would be advantageous
· Willing to commit to unsociable hours including weekends
· Be dedicated in learning the field of Video Analysis
Candidates must be aware that this is a voluntary role and there will be no financial reward although there is potential for accommodation if the candidate requires and is not local to Coventry. Coventry RFC will be dedicated to working alongside the chosen candidate in order to provide them with the best experience they can offer in this field.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter stating why you feel this job would be beneficial to you and what you feel you could offer Coventry RFC to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Performance Analyst intern.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com