1st team analyst
Job title – 1st team Analyst
Working relationships with – Head of Football, First team Manager and staff, Analysis staff across the club, Analysis placement students
Line Manager – Head of Performance
Place of work – Abbey Stadium, Clare College Training Ground (or any other training ground venue)
Duties and Responsibilities
– Create and maintain a database storing all player related scouting data, opposition analysis and team analysis through video and statistics
– To provide statistical reporting to First Team staff to the agreed criteria and format and to ensure that all work is presented in a professional and succinct manner.
– Using current and up to date software, analyse match footage to predetermined criteria, creating opposition reports to agreed templates and in a timely manner as per Matchday deadlines.
– To ensure the analysis of our post match footage and the production of statistical reports for the management and players is done in a timely manner, organising them in meaningful and user friendly formats capable of impacting future performance.
– To ensure the filming of training and matches is planned, performed and databased to the highest standard.
– To look at training, matches (team, unit, individual) and be proactive in trend analysis to provide First team management with user friendly information.
– To be prepared and organised for fixtures with all relevant functioning equipment for home and away match days.
– To ensure our match day set up is of the highest standard exploring the use of multiple angles to maximise the quality of insight into our performance.
– To provide instant feedback where needed on match days in a variety of formats in line with the pressures of match day.
– Keep up to date with all new technology practices and methodology related to analysis.
– Work with the Academy analyst to implement new technology and methods to improve our working practices.
– Work with the Sport Science and Medical team to create a multidisciplinary approach to supporting the Coaching staff to be successful and over achieve.
– To mentor and assist the Analysis placement students to ensure their competency levels increase and their professional standards are of the highest level.
– Maintain confidentiality at all times.
– Ensure the relationship with children and adults at the club is appropriate and language/behaviour is suitable.
– The club will expect you to have DBS clearance and up to date FA Emergency Aid and FA Safeguarding qualifications.
– Perform any reasonable ad hoc duties as requested by Cambridge United and/or Senior Management.
Essential qualities – Technical
– Competent working methods and knowledge of editing software (Gamebreaker, Final Cut, HUDL Sportscode, Coach Capture or similar) and telestration software (Coach Paint or similar).
– Technical/work-based skills: skills specific to the job e.g. language competence, typing skills.
Desirable – Technical
– Working knowledge of the current level of the First Team and surrounding competitions (League One to National League).
– Previous use of WyScout or similar video sharing platforms.
Essential qualities – Experience
– Working in a football environment either in a placement or employed capacity.
Desirable – Experience
– Employed with a First Team setting.
– Can communicate in a one to one and group setting where they are happy to put across an informed opinion based on fact and knowledge.
– Someone who is happy to muck in and help other staff members in any situation for the good of the group and the club.
– Humble, hard-working and determined to leave the role in a better place than they found it.
– Can find solutions to problems as they arise and takes responsibility when they can’t.
– Understands that working in a professional sporting environment often means unsociable hours and very tight time deadlines to fulfil their role but can cope and plan in advance for these moments in the season.
– A self-starter who has ideas and reflects often to see how things can be performed more effectively in their own role and for others.
Friday 26th February, 2021
All interested applicants please email Matt.Walker@cambridge-united.co.uk stating why you are the ideal candidate for this role with a CV and/or covering letter. Whilst every intention will be to reply to every applicant, such is the expected number of applicants this may not be possible.
Should you not hear by Friday 12th March 2021 please take it that you have been unsuccessful in making the next stage of the interview process and thank you for considering Cambridge United FC as a role.