MSc Applied Sports Performance Analysis Placement – Bristol City Football Club
Bristol City Football Club is offering an exciting MSc placement opportunity to a dynamic, self-motivated individual committed to a career in Performance Analysis within Football. Alongside their studies on the MSc Applied Sports Performance Analysis postgraduate course at the University of Worcester, the successful candidate will engage in a placement working as a Player Recruitment Analyst within the Player ID & Recruitment Department with Bristol City First Team.
The course is delivered via blended learning and as such there is no requirement for you to be based in Worcester for your studies. Due to the distance learning nature of the course only UK, Irish and EU citizens with settled status may apply for this funded placement opportunity. More details can be found here regarding the course: https://sway.office.com/LJUYMwIuwY60aPUo?ref=Link&loc=mysways
- The successful candidate will be available for 4 days per week. The exact hours per week are to be discussed, however they may include operating outside normal office hours (e.g. weekends and bank holidays).
- The placement will be predominantly based within the Player ID & Recruitment Department but there may be opportunities to gain exposure within the First Team Performance Analysis Department.
- The role will predominantly be based at the Robins High Performance Centre (BS8 3TN) for the placement contact hours, with possible travel to other sites within the UK.
- The placement will start from 1st August 2021 and last until 31st July 2022.
- Bristol City will directly cover full costs of tuition fees for the programme.
Learning Opportunities, Roles & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn and work alongside high-level analysts, develop practitioner skills, knowledge and experience, to enable them to deliver high-level performance analysis support.
- Experience data and video analysis solutions through applied software, hardware and feedback processes.
- Assist in the collaboration and management of a vast video library.
- Maintain and update databases critical to the player identification process.
- Exposure to video and live scouting throughout the 2021/22 season.
- The opportunity to further working knowledge of key performance analysis and talent identification software.
- Design and deliver targeted support and projects to identified coaches and staff, under the supervision of the Analysis team.
- Assist colleagues within the department at key stages of the player identification and recruitment process.
- The opportunity to be involved in a range of personal development opportunities across the year including meetings, workshops and CPD forums.
- The above is not regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
- A long-term commitment to a career in Performance Analysis, or equivalent, within elite sport.
- An understanding of the role of Performance Analysis either through academic qualifications or experience.
- A commitment to seizing opportunities and developing personal excellence with any situation they are presented with.
- Ability to think ahead and generate innovative ideas.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and working under pressure.
- A team player who fits in with the values, culture and work ethic of the club.
- Skilled in developing effective relationships and trust with all around them.
- Reliable and trustworthy individual who is aware of the importance of working with confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Be committed, punctual, and professional at all times.
- Able to thrive in competitive and demanding working environment.
- Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement.
- Prior experience in the provision of performance analysis support.
- Knowledge and experience of data and video analysis systems and their use and impact to improve/assess performance.
How to Apply
To apply formally please send a CV and covering letter to Sean Gilhespy (email@example.com) and John Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the Job Title as the subject of the email by Friday 23rd July at 17:00.
Please note applicants must be eligible for the University of Worcester MSc Sport (Applied Performance Analysis) course.