Academy Performance Analysis MSc Work Placement
A brilliant opportunity for an Academy Performance Analysis MSc Work Placement has arisen within the Birmingham City FC Academy Department in conjunction with study at the University of Worcester on their MSc in Sport (Applied Performance Analysis) course.
The position requires a minimum 25 hours per week commitment working within the club’s Category 2 Academy set-up beginning in July 2021 throughout the 2021/22 season. The successful candidate will receive a bursary to cover full tuition fees for the course.
*Please note this role is to be combined with studying at the University of Worcester on the MSc Sport (Applied Performance Analysis). The successful applicant must be eligible to undertake the course with the University of Worcester. Due to the distance learning nature of the course only UK, Irish and EU citizens with settled status may apply for this funded placement opportunity. More details can be found here regarding the course: https://sway.office.com/LJUYMwIuwY60aPUo?ref=Link&loc=mysways.
- Communicate and promote the club’s culture creating an elite environment for the development of players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with staff/parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the wellbeing of players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Services Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
Academy Analyst Responsibilities:
- Assist the Lead Performance Analysts to meet the objectives of the Performance Analysis and Data programme.
- Develop and implement new strategies in liaison with the Lead Performance Analysts to enhance the player learning process and overall efficiency of the programme.
- Support analysis processes for the U9-U23 age groups. To include, assisting the coaching team, managing work placement support, access to and operation of online platforms.
- Creation and uploading of learning content videos to online platforms.
- Analyse, review and evaluate fixtures to produce statistical data as detailed in the Academy Performance Plan.
- Evaluation of game data and creation of key information on observed trends to coaching staff as required.
- Live recording and coding of academy fixtures.
- Prepare, deliver and record day-release education sessions in liaison with Head of Education and Welfare.
- Manage the creation and development of an individual player/team clip library.
- Take responsibility for all electronic resources.
- A minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant subject.
- Football coaching qualification.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- A sound tactical understanding of the game of football.
- Familiarity with performance analysis software (Sportscode, Focus etc).
- Experience of using basic performance analysis equipment such as cameras and MacBooks.
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of coaching within the sport.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- A passion for developing a future career in Performance Analysis.
- The ability to communicate and work closely with the Player, Coaching, Medical and Sports Science departments is essential.
- A trustworthy and reliable personality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- IT literate, specifically with the use of Apple Macbooks and Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines in high-pressure environments.
- Full and Clean UK Driving License
How to apply for the Studentship opportunity
The application process contains two independent requirements:
1. Enrol independently on the MSc Sport (Applied Performance Analysis) course at the University of Worcester.
- The successful applicant will be expected to be independently accepted on the MSc Sport (Applied Performance Analysis) course for the 2021/2022 Academic year, following the standard process for enrolment on this course.
- Information regarding the course and how to enrol can be found here
2. Apply for the “Birmingham City Academy Performance Analyst MSc Work Placement”.
- To apply, please send your CV (maximum of 2 pages) and a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the post to John Francis (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 pm on Friday 23rd April 2021 using the job title as the subject of your email. Covering letter and CV should be saved as a pdf document.
- Successful candidates shall then be invited to stage 2 of the process.
Applicants must be able to evidence that they are eligible to live and work in the UK. Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a full training and induction programme, a confidentiality agreement and a DBS check organised by the football club.