APD X LA Analysis Internship (Unpaid)
Advance Player Development is football academy based in South East London and Kent. We provide full time football training programmes alongside full time education for post 16 students in four schools/ colleges. Our aim is to provide the students with a professional academy experience whilst also achieving their educational needs. In partnership with LA Analysis, we provide performance analysis support to every team. LA Analysis is a performance analysis consultancy, working with elite and lower level athletes in a variety of supports, providing a high quality service to enhance athlete and coach development.
This is a remote role and can be done from any location. Your role will be to support the academy teams at Advance Player Development completing a number of tasks (listed below). Alongside your role at APD, there will be opportunities to gain first team performance analysis experience at a senior level with a partnership to multiple non-league senior teams. Our hope is that all successful applicants will gain first team and academy experience during their time with us.
APD role details:
- Complete post-match analysis (team and individual)
- Opportunity to work on longitudinal studies
- Clip KPI’s for analysis
- Contributed to pre-and-post-match meetings
- Opposition reporting experience (return fixtures)
- Pre-season will begin in August (in alignment with government guidelines, this may change)
- League and cup fixtures are played on a Wednesday of Friday
- There is a 48 turnaround time for work to be completed
Why this role?
This is an unpaid internship role however we are very proud that 90% of our interns are in paid roles since taking part in this internship programme. This role is suitable for anyone looking to gain their first experience in football as a performance analyst. You will be given detailed coaching on processes including code window design, statistical analysis (excel), video editing and feedback delivery. There will be regular CPD events which give you the opportunity to learn from analysts and coaches with applied experience in football and other sports. You will be able to use the work you produce during this internship for your portfolio and/ or academic uses.
- Full certified DBS check must be completed before starting
- Interest in football and/ or performance analysis
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft programmes (excel and powerpoint)
- Basic understanding of performance analysis processes
- Available to work remotely
- Available to work during the week
If you are interested in this role then please send over your CV and an example piece of work to Lewis Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com