Do you want to advertise a Performance Analysis Job?
It’s free, just send the details, ideally in a Word Doc, (including a closing date) to Rob: email@example.com. Please note that if you wish to advertise for an Intern position you should read these guidelines first.
For recruiters wishing to advertise on GSJ global platforms, please contact +44 (0) 20 3642 0579 quoting VideoAnalyst#16 to receive preferential rates.
SHREWSBURY SCHOOL – GRADUATE SPORT COACHES
Shrewsbury School seeks to appoint a number of recent graduates to coach sport with effect from September 2016. We are looking for applicants with:
- One or more of the following specialisms – Football, Hockey (girls), Netball, or
- To be enhanced by an expertise in – Athletics, Cricket, Cross-Country (Hunt) or Tennis.
Graduates may be interested in PE teaching and/or Sport Science support. Candidates offering video/performance analysis expertise would be welcomed.
The successful candidates will be expected to contribute fully to boarding school life.
A full application pack and job description can be obtained from the school website
www.shrewsbury.org.uk/page/graduate-sports-coach. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01743 280834.
Closing date for applications: Friday 12 February 2016, 12 noon.
Shrewsbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Hampshire County Cricket Club – Team Analyst Placements 2016 Season
Job Titles: 2 x Undergraduate Team Analyst Interns
Duration: County Season (March – September 2016)
Please note that the undergraduate students must be looking for a work placement as part of a sandwich degree
- To assist with set up for match days and in game ‘coding’ for all home games across every format ensuring that any information collected is accurate. (1st and 2nd XI)
- To maintain statistical databases throughout the course of the season to ensure that all information is up to date.
- To assist with any specific analytical projects as requested by Director of Cricket, Head Coach / coaching staff, both statistically and video based.
- To assist with pre-match analysis of opposition and delivery to coaches and players.
- To assist with them implementation of our own systems and provide regular reports to Head of Analysis.
Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list and reasonable duties may be added or removed at the discretion of coaching staff when relevant.
- Currently studying a sport-related degree. This work placement would be offered to students as part of a sandwich degree.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent IT Skills (Powerpoint, Excel)
- A wide range of analysis based skills (Desirable)
- A good knowledge of the game of cricket
- Capable of working as part of a team and individually
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure between games
- A keen eye for detail
- Flexible to fit in with work times and work patterns associated with professional cricket
- A desire to develop analysis skills in an elite environment
What can you expect of us?
- An opportunity to broaden your analysis skills in a professional environment
- Full training on the ECB analysis software ‘Feedback Cricket’
- Hampshire Branded Kit will be provided
Please be aware that the club is not in a position to fund this placement and as such students need to meet all their own living and travel costs.
Hampshire Cricket would however cover any costs incurred whilst travelling on behalf of the club.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Joe Maiden (Head of Performance Analysis) at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 19th February 2016, with interviews commencing shortly after.