Do you want to advertise a Performance Analysis Job?
If you are looking for a Performance Analysis role – I really recommend you check out this 3 minute Presentation.
Milfield School – Performance Analysis Intern (Paid)
As part of the Millfield School Institute of Sport and Wellbeing we are seeking a Performance Analysis Intern for the 2015-2016 Academic Year to contribute to our sports, physical education and wellbeing programmes. This is an outstanding opportunity to gain experience and be part of the Team in arguably the UK’s Preeminent School for Sport. Millfield is an independent boarding school with outstanding pastoral and co curricula activities, set in the heart of Somerset. We cater for approximately 1220 pupils aged 13 to 18, all of whom are engaged in sport and physical activities. We have outstanding facilities and a vibrant multisport environment.
The posts run from September 2015 until June 2016. Remuneration is £8,000 pa, plus board and lodging during term time, plus a contribution towards professional development (e.g. coaching course). In addition to contributing to one or more of the above areas, interns will gain experience in boarding houses and help supervise recreation times.
The Performance Analysis (PA) Intern is responsible for supporting the individual and team development of pupils aged 13 to 18. The PA Intern will co-ordinate and support the performance analysis requirement for individual and team Millfield Sports programmes, so as to position Millfield at the forefront of pupil and team feedback For further details and an application form, please email email@example.com the closing date for completed applications is 16th March 2015 at 12 noon, interviews will be held on the 24th March 2015.
Purpose: The Performance Analysis (PA) Intern is responsible for supporting the individual and team development of pupils aged 13 to 18. The PA Intern will co- ordinate and support the performance analysis requirement for individual and team Millfield Sports programmes, so as to position Millfield at the forefront of pupil and team feedback.
Responsible to: Director of Sport
Responsible for: No direct reports
Standing: Full time position (1 year contract, term time only)
- Co-ordinate and support the performance analysis requirement for individual and team Millfield Sports programmes
- Administrate and support coaches in the delivery of analysed video
- Consult with the Head coaches of sports in planning and implementing of
- Planning and managing where required individual and team development consistent with Millfield’s Sports Programme and Individual Development Plans, and with diligent communication to fellow Millfield coaches, athletes’ parents and the school as required.
- Contributing to and facilitating communication of relevant news and developments internally and externally, including within Millfield Sport, through the school’s media department, with parents, and within the broader Millfield communities.
- Contributing to an effective performance analysis development structure, and engaging actively in continuous personal development and the development of Millfield Sport.
- Facilitating the health and wellbeing of boarding students via designated school duties and processes, as agreed with the Director of Sport.
The PA Intern will have:
- Experience within the world of performance analysis.
- Performance analysis qualifications
- Successful experience of performance analysis and working with children.
- Excellent knowledge of long-term development practices for young male and female athletes and teams.
- Understanding of integrating successful sports’ performance programmes in to a school’s educational environment.
- Outstanding communication skills in a variety of environments and media.
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills.
The PA Intern will be:
- Committed to developing and instilling excellence in young athletes.
- Display and instil strong and inspiring leadership qualities.
- A strong team player, capable of integrating their own ideas with those in a broader organisational environment.
- Capable of planning and delivering against identified goals.
- A self-starter capable of creating new ideas and implementing them.
- Well respected in the world of athletics, as a performer and/or coach.
- Embracing of Millfield’s broad environment and approach to all-round
- Committed to equity and diversity.
WASPS RFC – SENIOR PERFORMANCE ANALYST
APPLICATION END DATE: 3rd April 2015
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FULL TIME
SALARY: COMPETITIVE BASED ON EXPERIENCE
- Providing Performance Analysis services to the players and coaches of Wasps RFC.
- The successful applicant will need vast experience in working within a professional sports environment and demonstrate competency to the roles that comes with it.
- Strong working knowledge of SportsCode, Gamebreaker and other related softwares.
- Within the rules of professional confidentially, liaise with Wasps players, coaches and other support staff as appropriate.
- Rugby knowledge and studies within the field of Performance Analysis is of necessity.
- Lead and run match day operations – inserting new innovative analysis methods and keeping on song with relative technological advances.
- Provide video and statistical reports on individual and team performances of Wasps.
- Ability to capture, code and analyse specific team and individual KPIs through clear definitions.
- Effectively analyse opposition teams and individual traits of performance.
- Capability to evolve a workflow and coding template.
- Support the delivery of individual and group analysis sessions. Capture, prepare and analyse data from games and training sessions to enhance feedback and player development.
- To organise, maintain and archive databases. This will encompass a comprehensive, indexed visual database of work conducted with players and coaches.
- Assisting with hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Ensure that the delivery of the performance analysis service effectively meets its commitments to players, coaches and external partners.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed across the organisation as appropriate.
Skills & Competencies
- Training and competence in the operation of required technology.
- Minimum of two years working experience within a professional rugby organisation.
- IT Literate.
- Related Sports Science Degree.
- Creative presentation skills and experience.
- Database management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (team, coach and player interaction).
- Proactive attitude within the role.
- Quality Focus – takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
- Drive and Energy – demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set.
- Self Development – is receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas or improvement.
Wasps RFC are looking for somebody with excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a hard work ethic to join the Performance Analysis department.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications is 3rd April 2015.
Cardiff City – Assistant Performance Analyst (First Team)
Liaising with the Opposition Scout regarding the creation of the scouting report for the management team. Preparation the Cover, Team Form, Breakdown and Ref report sheets in the document. Proof reading & printing the document. Email the document to the CEO and the Chairman. This document is then the foundation of the Scouting presentation to the coaches and players. Clips for this presentation must also be obtained through liaising with the Opposition Scout.
Download the game on the opposition from the ProZone portal, and download the goals folder for the same opposition.
Preparation of the Set Play and Game plan presentation. Liaise with the coaches regarding team selection, set play organisation, game plan, and obtaining appropriate pictures. Print the documents to be hung in the dressing room.
Set-up both MACs to capture both the broadcast and the Wide angle during the game. Both should be tagged during the game so that feedback can be provided upon request to the coaches at half time and full time, and where possible, during the game. These views should be stored and data-based for future reference.
Checklists should be created for the necessary equipment to take to away games, including the projector and tactics board.
Liaise with the opposition scout regarding a feed for their use.
Liaise with both the manager and assistant manager about what they require for post-match feedback for the debrief session. The live code captures should be data-based, converted and stored, with the DVD footage decrypted and stored to compile with the ProZone data (which should be downloaded). Laptops should be stripped and the data / databases stored. Creation of the Stat Comparison report, as well as updating the LMA goal sheet and the Goal For / Against Breakdown. Liaise with the opposition regarding possibly obtaining the fitness data at away games. Upload of the excel database to the Coaching Data system for the entire Football Club to compile their data systems with.
Performance Analysis Databasing:
Creating, updating and maintaining the performance analysis databases, gained through exporting both the team and player statistics from ProZone. From this the team and player stat comparisons are created, as well as the stat comparison on Win v Loss as well as Home v Away, and formation analysis, Momentum, Work Rate and Goal Analysis. From all of these, team and individual analysis is created.
Creating, updating and maintaining the match report and player report databases, as well as the scout request database. This allows the club to monitor where the clubs’ scouts are going, as well as the quality of the reports and when players and teams move from being of interest, to being signed.
U21 Match Analysis:
Recording and tagging of the main match events for the U-21s team as per the U-21s managers’ requests. Databasing and storing of U-21 match footage, and databasing of the goals.
All CVs and covering letters be sent to our academy manager at james.mccarthy@cardiffcityfc.
Closing Date: 9/3/15
Cardiff City – U-18s Performance Analyst
Job Purpose: To provide professional Match & Opposition analysis to the academy coaching staff on a weekly basis. This helps the coaches and team prepare optimally for a game and also to improve the squad and individuals where appropriate.
- Researching the next opposition as to formation, goal scorers and probable key personel on a weekly basis.
- Review of the opposition match footage (where possible), highlighting team strengths and weaknesses, as well as the key match events and key players.
- Preparation of the Set Play and Game plan presentation. Liaise with the coaches regarding team selection, set play organisation, game plan, and obtaining appropriate pictures. Print the documents to be hung in the dressing room.
- Recording the game using club equipment (camera, DVD recorder etc) and then analysing, tagging and reviewing of the game, live or post match for feedback to the staff both at half time and full-time
- Liaise with the opposition scout regarding a feed for their use.
Post Match Analysis:
Liaise with the Academy Manager about what they require for post match feedback for the debrief session. The live code captures should be data-based, converted and stored. Laptops should be stripped and the data / databases stored. Creation of the Stat Comparison report, as well as any individual or team stats as requested by the coaching staff.
Oversee the Academy Analysts, as well as train and maintain their workload as well as monitoring the quality of their work. Impress on them to maintain as many of the ideas, outlooks etc that the first team have. Troubleshoot their problems where they arise. Liaise with the Academy Manager about how they are progressing and where improvements can be made. Maintaining and compiling their databases and footage. Issues and problems should be addressed, and requests for permission to film should be organised.
All CVs and covering letters be sent to our academy manager at james.mccarthy@cardiffcityfc.
Closing Date 5/3/15
Academy Performance Analysis Internship Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) and University of West of England Bristol (UWE)
Academy Performance Analysis Internship Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) and University of West of England Bristol (UWE) are working in partnership to offer internship opportunities to support the BRFC Academy Performance Analysis department and UWE Bristol’s Sport Science departments. Reporting to the BRFC Head of Academy Performance Analysis and UWE Sports Development Officer for Coach Education and Volunteering, the interns will provide support for the BRFC Academy u9 – u16s age groups, UWE Men’s First Team and Almondsbury UWE First team (The Universities partner club) and other University sports clubs.
With the help of BRFC Head of Academy Performance Analysis, key tasks will include:
- Filming and coding of home fixtures for an appointed academy age group
- Provide live coding and feedback to the coaching staff during games
- Filming and coding of home fixtures for UWE Men’s First Team and Almondsbury UWE First Team and other UWE Sport teams (Netball, basketball, hockey and rugby).
- After each fixture provide staff with a concise set of clips in line with the identified tactical and technical outcomes.
- Provide clips and examples of best practice to staff or players as and when required
- Other appropriate duties as required by BRFC and UWE
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable and willing to develop within a professional football environment. Required skills will include an understanding and experience of appropriate performance analysis methods and equipment. An understanding of the game will be beneficial also.
Although prior experience in Performance Analysis is desirable, this is not essential as mentoring and training will be provided within the program by BRFC Head of Performance Analysis and University staff.
Locations: Bristol Rovers Football Club, Almondsbury Football Club and UWE Bristol Centre for Sport
Time Commitment: Every Sunday with intermittent Wednesday and Saturday afternoons (On rota)
Remuneration: Pre-agreed travel expenses as deemed suitable.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com (Head of Academy Performance Analysis)
Closing Date: 12.00pm; Monday 1st March 2015
Please see the role description for further information. Please note we will only be contacting those shortlisted for an informal meeting.
Confey GAA Senior Football
Rochdale AFC Academy Performance Analysis 2014-2015 – 2 x Academy Performance Analysts
Following the recent success of the Elite Player Performance Plan Category 3 application, Rochdale AFC Academy are looking to recruit two Academy Performance Analysts who will be able to design, develop and implement appropriate performance analysis practices as part of the Academy’s Performance Analysis Department for the Club’s Academy Players.
A great opportunity exists for two enthusiastic and committed performance analysts looking to begin/further their career within the field of performance analysis. The successful candidates will ensure the preservation and growth of a high performance environment within the Academy. These roles will work closely with other key departments including coaching, sport science and medical within the academy and include opportunities to work within the clubs first team.
Reporting to the Head of training and match day analysis and the Lead Academy Analyst, the Academy Performance Analyst will contribute to the development, aims and performance targets of Rochdale AFC Academy through:
- Recording and live coding all Youth Development Phase (YDP) (i.e. U13-U16) home games using SportsCode Gamebreaker
- Produce post match video and statistical analysis to support the Academy coaching curriculum
- Analyse performance data and complete trend analysis in line with the clubs player profiles and football philosophy
- Develop the clubs video tracking database and player profiling system
- Video training sessions when required for both player and coach development
- Maintain all Academy best practice library’s
- Maintain and log all match day records
The successful candidates will be highly self-motivated, determined and dedicated to work within an elite football environment. Be able to effectively communicate using a variety of different methods (verbally, positive body language, written and through video). B proactive and constantly seek improvement in all aspect of his/her work. The ability to meet tight deadlines using initiative and problem skills and have a commitment to working unsociable hours.
Technical/work based skills
- Must be competent and show good levels of I.T literacy, in particular the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing systems (Google Drive, Dropbox) and IMovie
- AppleMac literate
- Sound knowledge of various performance analysis systems (Sportscode gamebreaker, Dartfish)
- Comfortable working with and converting various file types and sizes
- Possess strong coaching and communication skills to engage and motivate young players
- Excellent punctuality
- Confidence to present in front of large groups of people
- Creative presentation skills
- Demonstrate good technical and tactical knowledge of the game.
- Experience working within a multi disciplinary team
- Experience working as an analyst or coach within a team sport environment
- Started or completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant discipline.
- Started or completed an MSc in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant discipline
- Football coaching qualification at FA Level 2 or above
- FA Youth Modules 1-3
- Prozone levels 1-3
Remuneration and working hours
The available positions are offered on a volunteer/work placement basis only. However, more will be discussed at interview.
Working hours: Sunday (Academy match day) and Tuesday evenings (Academy training night).
Please email your CV/Electronic CV’s with attached cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Daniel Fradley before midday Monday 16th. February 2014. Interviews will take place within the proceeding two weeks after the closing date.
TOCA Sports – Vantage Point – Reseller/Distributor
TOCA Sports is Ireland’s leading Sports Technology company. In recent months we have developed and manufactured a new Portable Video Tower called Vantage Point. Vantage Point is the most cost effective and easy to use portable video tower on the market today. We have had great success since the product launched this year and as sales continue to grow in both Ireland and the UK we are now looking for resellers throughout Europe.
If you currently have a business selling equipment to sports teams or are interested in becoming a distributor/reseller of Vantage Point we would love to hear from you. The role is commission only and the rates will be discussed with interested parties. For more details on the product you can check out the website www.vantagepoint.tocasports.com
If you are interested in discussing becoming a distributor/reseller please contact Stephen – outlining any experience you have in the field and why you (or your company) would be a suitable local representative for Vantage Point in your country. At this time we are only looking for interested parties from outside the UK & Ireland.
Other Job Sites
You should always keep an eye on the following.