Do you want to advertise a Performance Analysis Job?
It’s free, just send the details (including a closing date) to Rob: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you wish to advertise for an Intern position you should read these guidelines first.
If you are looking for a Performance Analysis role – I really recommend you check out this 3 minute Presentation.
Leeds United FC – Lead Academy Performance Analyst
We are looking to recruit a passionate and professional minded Performance Analyst to work within our Category 2 Academy across the Professional Development Phase (PDP). Working full time and reporting to the Academy Manager at the Thorp Arch training ground you will be responsible for;
- Working closely with the coaching staff and players to provide Pre Match, Live and Post Match analysis provision for the PDP groups
- Liaising with the 1st Team Performance Analyst to ensure coherence and progression in analysis provision between Academy and 1st Team levels
- Facilitating the use of analysis across all areas of the academy to assist the coaching, sports science, medical and recruitment processes
- Management of performance data by creating and maintaining relevant video and statistical databases
Successful applicants will ideally have;
- Experience filming, capturing and editing match footage
- Detailed knowledge of the EPPP Academy structure
- Passion for football and youth development
- Experience using Microsoft Office products to produce and feedback performance data
- Creative and hard working approach with a strong attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a professional football environment
Competitive remuneration is on offer. Successful candidates will ideally live within a reasonable commuting distance, as there will be no relocation package offered with this role.
The role will require the applicant to have a current FA DBS Enhanced with Barred List Check for the Child Workforce Certificate before starting work. The successful applicant will have to register onto the FA online update service. Leeds is an equal opportunities employer.
Sheffield United F.C. Team Performance Analysis Internship
Sheffield United F.C. requires one intern for the 2014/15 season. The successful applicant will report staff and players. This role will be undertaken on a part time basis, where there will be a need for flexibility depending on the working week. The role will require availability at weekends and the occasional evening. There is a budget available for remuneration, to be discussed upon selection for interview.
The successful candidate must be dedicated, reliable and have a passion for Analysis. They should be able to work as part of a team as well as having the maturity to undertake tasks alone. Computer literacy skills are essential to the role. Experience in using Performance Analysis / Video Editing software would also be an advantage. An undergraduate degree in a relevant field is desired, but those who can demonstrate a solid knowledge of football, along with other relevant skills, will also team analyst, as well as working closely with the 1st team management, support
- Filming and coding of games (1st Team/Under 21)
- Coding games as part of the recruitment process
- Collating and Analysing data using Microsoft Excel
- Preparing presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
Closing date for this position is 29.07.14 at 5.00pm. Please send your CV to email@example.com
Rochdale AFC Performance Analysis 2014-2015
Rochdale AFC are offering three Volunteer/ Student Work Placement positions within their Academy. We are more than happy to receive applications from current Level 5 or 6 undergraduate students who are looking to start/further a career within Performance Analysis. The role will fulfill any work placement needs of the university course they are presently enrolled on.
All roles will be interchangeable with opportunities to work within the senior set up. Rochdale AFC believes in providing the best opportunities for volunteers and student placement students.
- 1 x Professional Development Phase Performance Analyst
- 2 x Youth Development Phase Performance Analyst
- Liaise with Head and Lead Academy Analyst and Coaches
- Record and live code of all PDP (Home and Away) and YDP (Home) games using SportsCode.
- Produce post match video and statistical analysis to support the coaching curriculum
- Video training sessions when required
- Maintain all Academy best practice library’s
- Maintain and log all Match day Records
- Produce and distribute DVD’s of all PDP and YDP matches
- Collect and analyse performance data to perform benchmark analysis on performance
Successful Candidate will have:
- Started or completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant discipline.
- A determination and commitment to work within a high-pressured professional environment.
- Take initiative and be proactive and constantly seek improvement in all aspect of his/her work.
- Strong computer based knowledge (Mac and Windows) particularly in using Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Impeccable time keeping and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Confidence in presenting in front of large groups of people.
The available positions are offered on a volunteer basis only. However, some basic steps have been put in place to try and reimburse the successful applicants with some expense. The positions require applicants to be available one day per weekend and one evening/day during the week.
Each successful applicant will report to Rochdale AFC’s Head of Training and Match Day Analysis. Applicants who are interested in applying for any of the above roles should email their CV/Electronic CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org
before midday Friday August 1st Interviews will take place within proceeding two weeks after the closing date.
Manchester Sale Sharks Internship 2014/2015 Season
Manchester Sale Sharks R.U.F.C. is offering a season long two day a week internship alongside the Sale F.C. Rugby Club. This internship will be one day a week with the first team where duties include:
- Filming training
- Longitudinal stats maintenance
- Assist with academy analysis protocols
- First hand experience in a professional rugby club.
The second day a week will be with Sale F.C. Rugby Club where duties involve:
- Filming all home and away games including friendly, league and cup fixtures.
- Transfer footage immediately after the game to the coaches who require it.
Money is available for filming the Sale F.C. games & food and sale sharks kit will be provided.
This will be a dual role between Sale F.C and Sale Sharks.
Candidates should be located within the Greater Manchester area.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th July 2014.
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB 1st TEAM PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS INTERNSHIPS
In line with the expansion of our first team performance analysis department, Tottenham
Hotspur FC is offering 2 performance analysis internships on a fixed term contract for the 2014-2015 season. Based at the clubs training complex in Bulls Cross, Enfield, the successful candidates will gain valuable experience and contribute towards analysis procedures that enable the department to provide the highest levels of support to players, coaches and support staff.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The post-holder reports to the Tottenham Hotspur Head of Performance Analysis.
SALARY: Remuneration will be national minimum wage (pro rata).
The successful candidates will be hard working, reliable and highly motivated, with the ability to work successfully both within a team and independently. Flexibility to adapt quickly in a fast paced, demanding environment is essential. Experience in video capture/editing/ analysis will be advantageous, although not essential, as training will be provided.
PRIORITIES: The person will ensure that all analysis delivered supports the coaching framework at THFC and is in line with the requirements of the First Team Manager and Coaching Staff.
The responsibilities assigned to each intern will vary according to experience and working schedules, however key responsibilities will include.
- Video recording of all first team squad training sessions and training matches.
- Provide feedback in the form of video through Sports Code software to the 1st Team coaching staff, or to the Head of Performance Analysis as prescribed.
- Support the Performance Analysis department in other pre and post match related duties.
- Assist in short, medium and long-term analysis that can assist in decision-making and effectively manage performance.
Applicants who are interested in applying should email their CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm Wednesday 23th July 2014.
Application will be subject to clearance and referencing. This job description gives a general outline of the post and is not intended to be inflexible, or a final list of duties. It may therefore be amended from time-to-time in consultation with the post holder. The nature of the post is that it is under regular review and all changes that occur in practice will be deemed to be incorporated into this job description whether or not a written change is made.
Full time Performance Analyst Required for Stoke City Football Club – 10/11 month Contract
Organisation: Stoke City Football Club
Location: Stoke City FC Training Ground, Clayton Wood, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent
Type Of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 30th July 2014
Stoke City FC are looking to appoint a full-time Performance Analyst on a fixed-term, 10-11 month contract for the 2014/15 season to work with the first team Performance Analysis Department to support the current staff and squad with technical analysis duties.
Duties: Main responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining statistical databases and creating Stoke City and Premier League trends
- Bespoke video & statistical analysis projects
- Filming of training & home match-days (+optional away game filming)
- Monitoring & providing video clips and statistics of players out on loan
Requirements: The successful applicant should:
- Ideally hold (or be in the process of completing) a postgraduate degree in Sport Science or Performance Analysis.
- Ideally have experience working in professional football
- Playing experience and excellent knowledge of football desirable
- Experience in coaching football (Level 2 Coaching Award desirable but not essential)
- Excellent knowledge of Performance Analysis software (ProZone, Sony Vegas, SportsCode)
- Excellent knowledge of All Microsoft Office products
- Excellent time-management & presentation skills
- Ability to work alone and use initiative to produce creative reports and feedback
- Hold a full UK driving license & access to transport
Interview Process: The Successful applicant will undergo;
- Stage 1 – Pre-Interview task completed prior to Stage 2
- Stage 2 – Interview at Training Ground
- Stage 3 – Practical Assessment at Training Ground
The role will suit a dedicated, enthusiastic post-graduate who is looking to gain experience of working in a professional sports environment & looking to pursue a career as a Performance Analyst in Sport. The position requires a high degree of flexibility to cover evening and weekend work as required and will be offered on a fixed term basis.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Human Resources, SCFC Jobs, PO Box 3573, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9LL or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference FTPA1407SCFC in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th July 2014.
LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB TECHNICAL SCOUT INTERN-STUDENTSHIP 2014/2015 SEASON
Leicester City F.C is offering a Season-Long Internship to work as part of their innovative Recruitment Department. Working alongside the club’s Head of Recruitment and Technical Scouting staff, the chosen applicant will gain valuable training and experience in an elite performance environment and will have the chance to apply their current knowledge within an
Opportunities for development will include:
- Training on SportsCode Elite & access to LCFC specific templates
- Exposure to player profiling process used within elite level recruitment (Senior & U21 level)
- Direct involvement in the evaluation of prospective targets from an analytical perspective
- Access to statistical data across a number of different competitions
- Conducting domestic league specific research, as dictated by Head of Technical Scouting in order to generate new knowledge on potential targets
- Involvement in the collaboration between the performance analysis & technical scouting depts.
The successful candidates will have:
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science or related discipline, although postgraduates who are looking for experience in the field are welcome to apply.
- Sound football knowledge and an interest in the application of performance analysis in football.
- First-hand experience or an understanding of video-editing & analysis software (SportsCode etc…)
- Advanced computer skills are welcomed with experience of managing, summarizing and presenting large sets of data being preferable.
- A strong work ethic and drive for excellence combined with effective communication skills.
The internship will commence on Monday 4th August 2014 and will continue through to the end of the season (approx. mid-May 2015). The successful candidate will gain valuable experience throughout the season, with increased responsibility and good CPD available at the club. This opportunity will provide the relevant skills to gain future employment within professional football.
The position requires applicants to be available at the training ground for a minimum of four days per week. A set bursary package is available to contribute to post-graduate study.
Applicants are required to email their CV and a cover letter, which should include a detailed description of any related experience to Rob Mackenzie (Rob.Mackenzie@lcfc.co.uk
) by Monday 21st July 2014. A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
LEICESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS INTERNSHIP 2014/2015 SEASON
Leicester City is offering an opportunity within their performance analysis department for the 2014/15 season. The role will consist of pre- and post-match duties as well as a match day role, all of which will aid in the provision of services to the first team manager, coaching team and players. The chosen applicant will gain valuable training and experience in an elite performance environment and will have the chance to apply their current knowledge within an applied setting.
Opportunities for development will include:
- Involvement in opposition player profiling and opposition data analysis, with the flexibility to apply their own ideas with such tasks.
- Assistance in the post-match workflows, again with the chance to progress such workflows using their own knowledge and ideas.
- The processing and analysis of OPTA performance data.
- Training and use of the business intelligence software Tableau to analyse and present data.
- Filming and utilising SportsCode during training and on a match day.
The successful candidate will have:
- Started or completed an undergraduate degree in Performance Analysis, Sports Science or related discipline.
- Experience of capturing, coding and databasing footage from training and matches, preferably using SportsCode Gamebreaker or above.
- A high degree of computer (Mac) literacy.
- Previous experience of working with spreadsheets to manage large data sets.
- A strong interest to work within football, and an appreciation of the demands of working in a professional team sport environment.
- The ability to work proactively and collaborate closely with the coaching team and other departments at LCFC.
- A strong work ethic and drive for excellence.
The internship will commence on Monday 4th August 2014 and will continue through to the end of the season (approx. mid-May 2015). The successful candidate will gain valuable experience throughout the season, with increased responsibility and good CPD available at the club. This opportunity will offer the chance to develop the relevant skills needed to gain future employment within professional sport.
The position requires applicants to be available at the training ground for an average of four days per week. A set bursary package is available to contribute to post-graduate study.
Applicants are required to submit an electronic video application, which should include; a brief personal background, reasons why they are suitable for this role and details/evidence of any relevant experience. The file should be no larger than 200mb and be transferred via lcfcanalysis.wetransfer.com, with a name, email address and contact telephone number in the message box, by Monday 21st July, 2014. A shortlist of successful applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted with information about the interview process.
Volunteer Part-Time Performance Analyst with Crewe Alexandra Ladies
Crewe Alexandra Ladies are looking for ambitious performance analysts to to help develop the clubs 3 age groups. The applicant would be required to record training/games and record data to help improve performance and develop the players within the club. The desired applicant must have a CRB and experience of working within performance analysis and ideally hold a Level 3 certificate or ProZone qualification
How to apply
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Job Sites
You should always keep an eye on the following.