1st team Performance Analyst
1st team Performance Analyst
Location: Christopher Park Training Ground
Salary: Based on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Wigan Athletic Football Club for a 1st Team Performance Analyst based at our Christopher Park Training Facility.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Analysis and First Team Manager, the successful candidate will assist with 1st team preparations for the forthcoming opposition in all competitions. The position will be responsible for in depth set play and goals analysis on the forthcoming opposition, both statistical and video based, which meets the needs of the coaching staff. They will also provide theoretical / evidence-based analysis to assist with the coaching process and philosophy, along with implementing custom-build statistical reports on the forthcoming opposition. As a key member of 1st team preparations, you will be required to attend live games to provide immediate reports and analysis of the opposition.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following:
· Experience in an analysis position within a professional football environment and previous successful experience within a 1st team environment.
· A sound understanding of the tactical aspects of football.
· A proven track record of high-quality analysis at 1st team level, set piece evidence based analysis is desirable.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Excellent data visualisation skills with an eye for detail.
· Ability to take large data sets and summarise concisely.
· Ability to work to strict deadlines along with a reactive approach to the continually evolving nature of professional football.
· Excellent time management and organisational skills.
· Self-motivated with a proactive approach to the management of their work.
· Working knowledge of data analysis software; Hudl SportsCode, R Studio, Tableau
· Possess a Full Driving License.
The nature of the role demands a high level of flexibility outside normal working hours along with total confidentiality that is expected within a commercially sensitive environment.
In return we offer the opportunity to be heavily involved in the performance analysis and tactical preparations for forthcoming matches at an elite football club.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: 5pm Thursday 1st July 2021
Interviews to take place: Wednesday 7th July 2021
To apply for this position please visit https://wiganathletic.com/club/employment and click on the job information to access the online application form.
This is an exciting time to join Wigan Athletic following the takeover of the Club by Phoenix 2021 Limited. To be considered for this role please apply by completing our application form detailing how you meet the criteria for the role. The application form is available on our website or by contacting email@example.com. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.