Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
To deliver an internship over two consecutive seasons for students to gain industry specific experience and develop as a practitioner in an elite football academy, with the aim to progress into full time employment.
· Completed an Undergraduate course in a sports science / coaching topic, and the desire to achieve a Postgraduate MSc.
· Any coaching based qualifications, e.g. Level 1 Award in coaching football.
· Any Performance Analysis qualifications, e.g. Prozone level 1.
· Experience of attending Performance Analysis related workshops and / or seminars.
· Previous experience of working within elite sport.
· Previous experience of working / playing within professional sports.
SKILLS / PERSON SPECIFICATION
· Enthusiasm and willingness to learn / develop as a practitioner within elite sport.
· Good footballing knowledge (coaching badges and playing experience desirable).
· Professional approach to work (e.g. punctual reliable and diligent).
· Can be relied upon to keep information confidential when required.
· Prior knowledge of using software packages such as Sportscode & Microsoft Excel (Desirable).
· Able to commit for the entire 2017/2018 & 2018/2019 Seasons, MSc programme is part time over two years.
· Commitment to working weekends (Essential).
· Contribute to the provision of performance analysis, working closely with coaches and support staff.
· Assist the Head of Performance Analysis in the management of the support systems for the collection of technical and tactical data.
· Work with the Head of Academy Performance Analysis to ensure that match analysis runs effectively, efficiently and within the Academy Regulations.
· Additional duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Performance Analysis.
· Sheffield Wednesday Football Club are offering to fund your postgraduate degree at Sheffield Hallam University.
· You’ll work part-time within an elite category 2 football academy, applying theoretical knowledge in a practical environment.
· Guaranteed participants & data to fuel your postgraduate research.
Please send a one-page CV and a one-page cover letter as one PDF document to:
Mark Rudd (Head of Academy Performance Analysis)