Rotherham Titans Rugby Football Club compete in the Green King IPA Championship making them one of the top 24 teams in the country. Rotherham Titans are looking to appoint 2 x voluntary performance analyst interns to assist and support the Head of Performance Analysis with the 1st XV analysis duties for 2017/18 season.
Hours: Part Time
Term: August – May 2018
Salary: Work Placement
Location: Clifton Lane, Rotherham
This is a great opportunity for any enthusiastic and committed individuals who are looking to begin or further their career within performance analysis.
To assist the Head of Performance Analysis and the Rotherham Titans staff/squad in the Greene King IPA Championship and British and Irish Cup by:
• Providing Rotherham Titans coaching staff with post match team and individual video and statistical analysis.
• Prepare individual clips of player’s involvement during games to aid development.
• Prepare pre and post match highlights, footage as governed by the Head of Analysis.
• Maintaining and updating the team database of all statistics and video analysis from opposition games for both staff and players to review.
• Assisting with the match day filming and coding of home and some away games.
• Film and coding of some team and unit training sessions
• Any other duties as agreed with the Head Coach of Rotherham Titans RFC
These responsibilities are not exhaustive and may be added to as the role develops.
• It is essential that all candidates have either started or completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant disciplines.
• Demonstrate a good technical and tactical knowledge of the game
• Must be competent and show good levels of I.T literacy, in particular the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing systems (Google Drive, Dropbox & Wetransfer) and IMovie.
• Reliable and trustworthy with sensitive club information and equipment.
• Proactive and driven to succeed
• Attention to detail
• Dedicated to the role
• Live local to Rotherham/ Sheffield or able to drive
• An interest in coaching, preferably having started coaching badges (Level 1 desirable) but not essential.
• Experience with using filming equipment would also be beneficial.
• Previous experience of analysis software (Nacsport or Sportscode)
• Own laptop would be advantageous
• Willing to commit to working weekends
• Be dedicated to learn and develop in the field of Performance Analysis
Candidates must be aware that this is a voluntary role and there is currently no financial reward. However, Rotherham Titans will be dedicated to working alongside the chosen candidates in order to help provide them with the best experience they can offer in this field.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter stating why you feel this job would beneficial to you and what you feel you could offer Rotherham Titans to matt.harland@Titans-rugby.com with the subject title Performance Analyst intern.
Closing date: 04/08/17– interviews to be held week commencing 07/08/17
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com