Website Rosslyn Park RUFC
PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS WORK EXPERIENCE INTERNSHIP SEASON 2016/17.
Rosslyn Park is pleased to offer two part-time work experience placements within the Rugby Department assisting the Performance Analyst. This is a voluntary placement with the applicant gaining experience of filming and coding within a semi-professional sporting environment, along with developing key skills required to work as a performance analyst within a practical setting. We will offer full training and support throughout the internship and the breadth of practical experiences to offer the successful applicant an invaluable start to their career in performance analysis. The successful candidate will work with the senior squad during the 2017/18 season.
The internship will require the successful applicant to complete 8-10 hours minimum per week including Saturdays (both home and away fixtures) from late July 2017 – April 2018.
– Film and code training sessions.
– Manage Team databases.
– Completion of team and individual coding of Rosslyn Park matches.
– Analyse opposition footage.
– Filming 1XV matches when required.
– Any other tasks as required.
– Currently enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate study within a relevant subject area.
– Seeking placement as part of university endorsed placement scheme (sandwich year or equivalent) or looking to gain experience alongside current study.
– Possess strong aspirations to pursue a career in Sports Performance Analysis.
– Evidence of up-to-date knowledge of Performance Analysis theory and its practical application within team sport.
– Have experience providing performance analysis to athletes, preferably within team sports.
– Rugby knowledge (playing or coaching).
– Experience using relevant performance analysis software i.e. GameBreaker or SportsCode.
– Competent & confident in the use of desktop productivity programmes.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE SEND A CV AND BRIEF COVERING LETTER TO; firstname.lastname@example.org (subject; ANALYSIS PLACEMENT APPLICATION)
SHOULD YOU WISH TO DISCUSS THIS ROLE BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE ENQUIRE.
Application closing date: 1st August 2017
Expected interview dates: 8th August 2017
Expected start date: 12th August 2017
Reports to: Head of Performance Analysis
Department: Rugby department (performance analysis)
Location: Priory Lane, Barnes
Salary: VOLUNTARY (must be part of/alongside university)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com