Website PGIR Ltd
PGIR Ltd is a performance and analysis company
Responsible for delivering a broad scope of Performance Analysis services to the Senior England Team, the post holder will work closely with the Senior England Coaching and Management Team to provide a world leading service to the RFU
The post-holder will be an expert in the field of Performance Analysis with a proven track record of interacting with elite rugby coaches, players and sports science and medicine staff to enhance the coaching process. He / She will have a clear understanding of the requirements and expectations of an elite international sporting environment and have the experience and knowledge to continually deliver under pressure.
Technically he/she will have a history of using video and data to impact on performance in Rugby and alongside that have demonstrable experience in a variety of key areas including (but not limited to):
· Quantitative and Qualitative tactical analysis
· Data Analysis and Visualisation
· Performance Monitoring Protocols
· Feedback and Reporting Methodologies
· Collection, Integration and Manipulation of large data sets
· Project Delivery (Internal and External Collaborations)
· Department / Service Evolution Planning
This role is fully embedded with the England Senior team and as such requires a commitment to travel to all training camps and international competitions and work such hours as required to fulfill the role and support the coaching team.
The post-holder will operate under a matrix management system reporting to the England Rugby Senior Team Coaching Coordinator as an operational head and a senior member of PGIR as a functional head.
DETAILS OF DUTIES:
· Design and deliver robust analysis processes and protocols to gather and disseminate pertinent information on relevant KPI’s and Game Plan requirements in both training and matches, as agreed with the Coaching Team.
· Monitor technical and tactical KPI’s for both international and domestic players and teams throughout the season and regularly liaise with coaches to feedback objective information and insight.
· Help align service delivery from the Senior Team down to ensure consistency of data capture and analysis, and allow for effective player monitoring.
· Design and monitor databases (local and online) to store and interrogate performance data in order improve understanding of the key determinants of success within the professional game.
· Work closely with other departments and the other Senior Team Analyst to deliver an analysis strategy that meets the needs of all key stakeholders and disciplines in understanding and maximizing performance on the pitch.
· Advise and assist with wider technological requirements of PGIR and the RFU, to ensure the infrastructure and facilities maximizes performance.
· Keep abreast of the latest relevant technological advances, and where suitable utilize new technologies to gain a competitive advantage.
· When appropriate have the communication skills to constructively challenge and support coaches.
· Be competent and confident in dealing with external stakeholders and partners and Senior RFU Management.
· Have experience of managing and delivering multi-disciplinary projects, utilizing innovation and collaborating with other best in class organizations and industries to improve performance.
Education, Training and Experience:
· A sound academic record, including as a minimum, an undergraduate degree in Performance Analysis or related subject is required.
· At least 4 years practical and relevant experience within performance analysis and a strong understanding of the workings of Professional / Elite Sports.
· Excellent understanding of the game of rugby with at least 3 years experience of working in an elite rugby environment.
· Demonstrable experience of impacting on performance through analysis processes / protocols.
· Highly numerate with strong technical and computer skills.
· Ability to explain complex statistical issues to diverse audiences of varying expertise, through the intelligent use of graphics and visualisations.
· Demonstrable database and statistical analysis skills.
· Experience of report writing and design – translating analysis into literate, concise documentation.
· Excellent written and spoken English.
· A Post Graduate Degree in Performance Analysis or related subject is desirable.
· Motivational person who is driven to work as part of a high performing team and understands the requirements of success.
· Track record of building excellent relationships with elite coaches.
· Driven by a can-do approach to problem solving.
· Present themselves well and possess a proven ability to interact confidently and to communicate effectively with various audiences, including all levels of management both face to face and in writing.
· Highly organized, with the ability to work under pressure and deal with multiple tasks.
· Willingness and ability to work unsociable hours as required to fulfill the role.
· Comfortable, confident and effective in an elite / professional sporting environment. Has high standards and takes pride in their work.
Start date: ASAP
Location: PGIR Offices (Bath) will be the post-holder’s normal place of work.
Remuneration: Dependent on skills and experience.
Holiday: Up to 25 days per year excluding bank holidays.
Hours: 08.30 to 17.45
Probation: 3 months
Pension: Group sponsored pension scheme
Other: Death in Service
Medical: Medical cover
PGIR Limited is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.