Norwich City Football Club
Position: Academy Analyst (Year-Long Work Placement)
Organisation: Norwich City Football Club
Closing Date: 23rd February 2018
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an keen Performance Analyst to join our performance analysis team on a year-long basis at Norwich City Football Club in the role of Lead Academy Analyst. The role would suit a current student either at Undergraduate level specialising with Sports Performance Analysis or a Post-Graduate studying or pursuing an MSc in with a required work placement. Reporting to the Lead Academy Analyst the Analyst Work Placement will be responsible for supporting the provision of Performance Analysis support to Coaches & Players throughout the Academy (U23’s – U9’s), in conjunction with the clubs Academy Performance Plan (APP) and The Elite Player Performance Programme (EPPP) requirements.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
· Assisting the delivery and development of performance analysis services for all Phases and age groups of Norwich City Football Club Academy
· Recording and coding various academy matches as instructed by Lead Match Analyst
· Providing Academy coaches with relevant information with regards to performance analysis
· Completing any other additional tasks as set out by Lead Match Analyst
· Ensure all equipment is maintained, fit for purpose and available for use as and when required
· Self-motivated and committed
· A strategic planner, organiser and co-ordinator
· Confident and able to work individually and as part of a successful team
· A ‘people person’ with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Knowledgeable and possess experience of working within the football environment
· Excellent computer literacy and a general knowledge of the specific software’s used for Match Analysis (e.g. Prozone / Sportscode).
· A degree in Sports Science or relevant discipline, specialising in Performance Analysis (or working towards)
· Demonstrable Tactical / Technical football knowledge & game understanding;
· High organisational skills & attention to detail;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
· Ability to maintain the highest standards whilst working under strict time pressures & a willingness to work unsociable hours (evenings & weekends).
· Experience in the provision of Performance Analysis support to athletes and coaches to improve performance, specifically team sports
· Working to towards an MSc in Performance Analysis or a keen pursuant to a career in the discipline
· Coaching Qualifications.
To apply for the role of Academy Match Analysis Work-Placement please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your suitability for the role.
Closing date for all applications is 5pm Friday 23rd February 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com