Website Insight Ltd
World-leading performance analysis and data management services
To provide Performance Analysis support to the Rugby department within Insight, as part of dedicated team of support analysts (for a period of 5 months, January 2018 to May 2018, full commitment required across this period). The person needs to be within commutable distance of Bedford Blues home ground. You will be required to film all home games, and perform a team and individual analysis on both home and away games throughout the season
This a great opportunity for someone to progress their understanding of the field and work to elite standards
Role and Responsibilities
– The placement will work under the guidance of a team of leading Performance Analysts.
– Working on average 15 hours a week
– You will be trained in the Performance Analysis processes required for the role and the data gathered will help support the Insight Analysts in their roles throughout the year
– Work will be predominantly remote (subject to successful training). Placements will involve the coding of elite rugby competitions with reference to both team and individual performances
– You will assist the Performance Analysts in the development and delivery of resources.
– You will assist in the maintenance of a central database of video and data files.
– There may be other tasks on behalf of other departments as resources allow, as well as continual professional development opportunities as appropriate.
– A degree (or working towards) in Sports Science or related subject
– Experience of, or exposure to Performance Analysis is required.
– Must have an good understanding of Rugby Union and the associated laws
– Experience of Sportscode and/or other analysis software would be desirable.
– High personal standards of appearance
– Trustworthy, with ability to effectively work autonomously
– Good communication skills
– A good team member
– The ability and willingness to take on other roles when required
– Excellent personal time management
– Strong commitment to continuing professional development
Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended hours, evenings and weekends for the duration of the placement.
Interview date: TBC
Start date: January
Location: Remote – (to be reviewed following successful training period)
Remuneration: Circa £8 – 10 per hour.
Hours: Circa 15 Hours Per Week
Contract: 5 months
Probation: 3 months
PGIR Limited is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org