Website Insight Ltd
World-leading performance analysis and data management services
Working for Insight Analysis the post holder will work closely with all members of the Insight team and other support analysts to help deliver a leading Performance Analysis service to the clients of Insight Analysis.
Working under the direction of the Director of Elite Sport the successful candidate will have a varied role, delivering a number of different analysis services to a multitude of different elite team and individual sports. The role will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to develop their technical skill set as a Performance Analyst, offering exposure to a variety of performance environments and analysis tasks.
The post-holder will have demonstrable experience of working successfully as part of a wider support team, and have the ability and aptitude to work autonomously when required. He / She will have experience of working with coaches and sports science support staff and be confident working across a range of areas such as (but not limited to);
- Data and Video capture
- Video coding using a number of different software products
- Manipulation of data sets
- Report design and dissemination methods
- Online database platforms and dissemination tools
In addition to this the post holder will have experience (1 years minimum) in a professional / elite environment.
Details of Duties
· Assist in the capture, analysis and feedback of relevant footage.
· Monitor and Feedback of Team and Individual KPI’s.
· Design, organise and maintain of a variety of local and online databases.
· Design and deliver systematic and ad-hoc performance reports to enhance player development and game understanding.
· Compile and present pertinent analysis on relevant international and domestic teams and athletes.
· Work on bespoke projects as directed by the Director of Elite Sport.
· Undertake any other relevant / reasonable duties across the organization as appropriate.
Education, Training and Experience:
· A sound academic record, including a degree in Performance Analysis or related subject is required.
· At least 2 years practical and relevant experience with performance analysis and a strong understanding of workings of Professional / Elite Sports.
· Highly numerate with strong technical and computer skills.
· Experience in the use of Performance analysis software(s) and related video production and analysis tools.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel is absolutely essential.
· Demonstrable database and statistical analysis skills.
· Ability to vary feedback methodologies to maximize understanding of target audience.
Experience of report writing and design – translating analysis into literate, concise documentation.
· Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
· Energetic and Enthusiastic. Enjoys the challenge the role brings and is committed to achieving personal, department and team objectives.
· Pro-Active – understands the needs of the department and the wider organization to be successful and is forthcoming with ideas and assistance.
· Relationship Builder, who enjoys interacting with different groups of people.
· Highly organized, with the ability to work under pressure and deal with multiple tasks.
· Willingness and ability to work unsociable hours.
· Comfortable, confident and effective in an elite / professional sporting environment. You have high standards and take pride in your work.
Start date: ASAP
Location: Insight Analysis, Bath will be the post-holder’s normal place of work.
Holiday: Up to 25 days per year excluding bank holidays.
Hours: 08.30 to 17.45
Probation: 3 months
Pension: Group sponsored pension scheme
Other: Death in Service
Medical: Medical cover
Insight Analysis is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org