The Fellowship in Performance Analysis will train the next generation of leaders in performance analysis and related fields through an integrative approach that focuses application of video, technology and data analysis to improve performance. The Fellowship builds on PD’s strength and experience to educate a new generation of Tennis Professionals. The Fellowship is structured to provide significant experiential training and opportunity for independent research in the field of performance analysis not typically available to someone at the entry level. Fellows will become fully immersed in Player Development through weekly gatherings with PD staff and coaches and through the examination of issues currently affecting American Tennis.
- Opportunity for independent research in a current topic in player development, coaching or related topic
- Online seminars, workshops, and skills training to develop the frameworks of coaching competitive youth and professional tennis players
o Completion of Coach Youth Tennis course
o Completion of USTA Player Development Coaching Philosophy Course
o Completion of USTA High Performance Coaching Program
o Addition online Performance Analysis courses
- Hands on opportunity to apply analysis theory
- Mentoring by performance analysis staff and National Coaches
- Professional engagement with mental skills specialists and national level performance coaches
- Skills development in leadership, player relations and media relations
- Expectation that Fellow will lead at least one round-table discussion or presentation on performance analysis for staff and peer fellows at a USTA Training Center
- Paired with a USTA Player Development team member for duration of program
- Additional on-site development opportunities at other USTAPD training centers as well as regional centers
- Fellowship will last 10 – 12 weeks from mid-June to early September
- Candidate must be entering into their senior year, a recent college graduate or graduating in Spring of 2017 and interested in a career in coaching tennis.
- Fellow must be a present or former varsity collegiate tennis player or have demonstrable knowledge and experience in the sport of tennis and or performance analysis
- Fellowships are based at the USTA National Campus in Orlando, FL. Housing expenses are not provided.
- Fellow should maintain a high level of personal fitness and professionalism.
- Fellow should be able to provide references upon request.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=usteasso&jobId=128538&lang=en_US&source=CC2 →