Derby County FC in association with University of Worcester
Job Advertisement – Performance Analysis MSc Internship
Job Title – DCFC Academy Performance Analyst Intern
Derby County FC are offering a season-long internship in partnership with the University of Worcester for the 2017/18 season.
The position requires a minimum 25 hours per week commitment working within the club’s Category 1 Academy beginning in August 2017. The successful candidate will receive a bursary to cover full tuition fees for the course.
This role is to be combined with studying at University of Worcester on the MSc (Hons) Applied Sports Performance Analysis programme (http://worcester.ac.uk/journey/applied-sports-performance-analysis-msc.html). The course is specifically designed to enable you to develop the knowledge and skills required to work as a performance analyst in elite sport and combined with this placement opportunity, offers a high quality learning experience to prepare you for employment as a performance analyst. The course is delivered via blended learning and as such there is no requirement for you to be based in Worcester for your studies – more details can be found on the website.
Location – Derby County Training Centre
Type of Contract – Fixed Term (2017-18 Season)
Closing Date – Friday 28th July 2017
- Filming and coding of matches and training across Academy teams.
- Maintenance of video and statistical databases.
- Work in conjunction with coaches and analysts on analysis based projects of both team and individual performance..
Essential Requirements –
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree in a Sports Science related course.
- Previous experience of working in a professional football club.
- Available to work unsociable hours including weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Excellent Organisational skills
Desirable Skills –
- Good understanding of SportsCode software and Apple based products.
- Evidence of knowledge of football.
- Excellent attitude to work and learning.
To apply, please send your CV (maximum of 2 pages) and a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the post to Mike Bateman (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1pm on Friday 28th July using the job title as the subject of your email. If you would like to discuss the post prior to applying, then please contact Mike Bateman at UW (01905 855217).
Interviews – Week Commencing 7th August 2017
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com