Birmingham Moseley Rugby Football Club are looking to appoint 2 x voluntary performance analyst interns to assist and support the Head of Performance Analysis with the 1st XV and Academy analysis duties for 2017/18 season.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed individual who is looking to begin or further their career within performance analysis. The available roles will require availability 2/3 nights a week and a Saturday.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Analysis.
- Filming all home, away games and training using an IP camera, along with filming Academy, Development and 2nd XV matches.
- Code and Analyse 1st XV and opposition matches with Nacsport and MyTPA.
- Provide coaching staff with post match team and individual video and statistical analysis.
- Prepare individual clips of player’s involvement during games to aid development.
- Update and maintain the clubs online analysis resource.
- Prepare pre and post match highlights, footage as governed by the Head of Analysis.
These responsibilities are not exhaustive and may be added to as the role develops.
- It is essential that all candidates have started or completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science, Performance Analysis or any other relevant disciplines.
- Demonstrate a good technical and tactical knowledge of the game
- Must be competent and show good levels of I.T literacy, in particular the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing systems (Google Drive, Dropbox & Wetransfer) and IMovie.
- Reliable and trustworthy with sensitive club information and equipment.
- Comfortable working with and converting various file types and sizes
- Proactive and driven to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated to the role
- Live local to Birmingham or able to drive
- An interest in coaching, preferably having started coaching badges (Level 1 desirable) but not essential.
- Experience with using filming equipment would also be beneficial.
- Previous experience of analysis software
- Own laptop would be advantageous
- Willing to commit to unsociable hours including weekends
- Be dedicated in learning the field of Video Analysis
Benefits of the Role:
Candidates must be aware that this is a voluntary role and there will be no financial reward however, Birmingham Moseley will be dedicated to working alongside the chosen candidates in order to provide them with the best experience they can offer in this field.
- Full training in top of the range video analysis software.
- Working with and being part of a professional sports team.
- Developing extensive practical experience in sport science, biomechanics and data analysis.
- An opportunity to be involved in research projects aimed at improving knowledge of sports performance and injury.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter stating why you feel this job would beneficial to you and what you feel you could offer Birmingham Moseley to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Performance Analyst intern.
Closing date: 31/03/17
Interviews to be held week commencing: 03/04/17